Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Multi Media Gallery > Members On-line Video Section!!
Where's the vid of the Formula  382 w/ arnesons? >

Where's the vid of the Formula 382 w/ arnesons?

Notices

Where's the vid of the Formula 382 w/ arnesons?

Old 06-25-2009, 06:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts

I love reading about those arneson tread!
Old 06-25-2009, 09:14 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
Is that bottom similar to the 28 Cigarette?
Sweet.....hows that puppy run?
Old 06-25-2009, 02:02 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
Sweet.....hows that puppy run?
It has a set of very used hp 500's in it with a Vortec blower. Supposedly it makes (not a healthy engine) around 600-630 hp as the owner got the boat and has been battling the blower bearings and such from day one. He discovered the engines just have the HP 500 intakes and such but are not real HP 500’s so hp is?

Ran 109 with a set of 17 X 30 Four blades. Then the engines were taken apart.
Attached Thumbnails Where's the vid of the Formula  382 w/ arnesons?-100_1256.jpg   Where's the vid of the Formula  382 w/ arnesons?-100_1302.jpg  
Old 06-25-2009, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rik
It has a set of very used hp 500's in it with a Vortec blower. Supposedly it makes (not a healthy engine) around 600-630 hp as the owner got the boat and has been battling the blower bearings and such from day one. He discovered the engines just have the HP 500 intakes and such but are not real HP 500’s so hp is?

Ran 109 with a set of 17 X 30 Four blades. Then the engines were taken apart.

sweet.

UD
Old 06-26-2009, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
Is that bottom similar to the 28 Cigarette?
Somewhat similar. Not sure what the hull differences are. Did the owner do any hull modifcations on the 28 cig? I've got a little more room on the transom to work with.

That cig is bad azz. I didn't know you could pull those speeds with these old 28's.
Attached Thumbnails Where's the vid of the Formula  382 w/ arnesons?-outdrives-3.jpg  
Old 06-26-2009, 07:06 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Stock 28. The boat was originally rigged with TRS drives and someone did the Stellings TRS to Bravo plate. He then removed all that stuff and put the Arnesons on it.

Never touched the bottom. The boat originally went 80 (best) with Bravos. The Arnesons put it at 90 but he could not find a small enough propeller and his vortec blowers did not make boots as they come in at 5k (he was at 4,800 I still do not understand why have a blower if it does not work till you are about out of rpm)

So I changed the ratio and this allowed him to pull the propellers he could get his hands on and also get more torque to the water. He had to have the blowers rebuilt, removed the thermostat, changed the injectors at the same time.

Like a light switch the boat took off.

I have a customer with a 28' Magnum (Twin Small Blocks in Tahiti) with same package also. You should have no problems either.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's Wes's formula. He actually is working on the motors again and has some new whipples he's adding. That boat should move when he's done. N/A those motors were making 700+.

Call John at Eastside Offshore (www.eastsideoffshore.com) if you have any questions on the setup of that boat.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
Stock 28. The boat was originally rigged with TRS drives and someone did the Stellings TRS to Bravo plate. He then removed all that stuff and put the Arnesons on it.

Never touched the bottom. The boat originally went 80 (best) with Bravos. The Arnesons put it at 90 but he could not find a small enough propeller and his vortec blowers did not make boots as they come in at 5k (he was at 4,800 I still do not understand why have a blower if it does not work till you are about out of rpm)

So I changed the ratio and this allowed him to pull the propellers he could get his hands on and also get more torque to the water. He had to have the blowers rebuilt, removed the thermostat, changed the injectors at the same time.

Like a light switch the boat took off.

I have a customer with a 28' Magnum (Twin Small Blocks in Tahiti) with same package also. You should have no problems either.
Thanks!