Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Multi Media Gallery > Members On-line Video Section!!
Just getting used to my HERO in my 42' Fountain >

Just getting used to my HERO in my 42' Fountain

Notices

Just getting used to my HERO in my 42' Fountain

Old 09-14-2010, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just getting used to my HERO in my 42' Fountain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9mw6X04tDI

You can also check my other videos ,screwing around,just figuring out the new camera.enjoy..................
Old 09-15-2010, 06:54 AM
Registered

Yea o.k. it figures a guy with a little boat that runs slow would say something,Where do you see me running hard?have you any idea what you are talking about?If I was in your little 29 I would have been wearing my lifevest just waiting for that defective hull to spin out,and I would not allow my wife and kid in a little boat like your out in the ocean,This is a 42' fountain running in 1' of chop,that may be big water for that little boat of yours,but I assure you,after 27 years of performance boating,my family is more than safe.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Where do you see me running hard?have you any idea what you are talking about?

I see you running hard when you pushed the throttles all way forward.

E D's point is more than valid.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:27 AM
Registered

This guy must be drunk off the kool aid!!!!!!! not very smart in my book but what do I know I have an even smaller boat. lol!!!!
Old 09-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Yeah your right nobody ever hits debris in the water or got cut off when he was not looking in a big boat.No one ever got thrown from a big boat either so I guess your fine.Hey was that grape juice in the cup?
Don't mind me though I just a little boat guy.
O.k. so now you are down to making stuff up?not that it matters but sorry,that was iced water,and anybody that know Me will vouch for me on that,and again not that it matters but I was indeed wearing my tether,so lets stick to the facts here Ed,your type of fun is putting around in your little boat with a group of guys, getting your kidneys beat on anything over a ripple in the water,and I like to boat with my family,I would never run as close to other boats as you did in your video (poker run) that you were in,nor would I leave the dock in a little boat with my family,and getting cut off? I could see for miles,and there was no other boats to be seen,I think maybe that peroxide your putting in your hair is leachung into your brain.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by catastrophe
Where do you see me running hard?have you any idea what you are talking about?

I see you running hard when you pushed the throttles all way forward.

E D's point is more than valid.
What is Ed's point?
Old 09-15-2010, 02:44 PM
Registered

Oh,and I see Ed here in this video making a very unsafe left turn into two other boats cutting one off and coming dangerously close to another almost sideswiping him at :027 in this video,all I can say is WOW,I am wonder just how safe Ed is??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHKMI...eature=channel
Old 09-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Alright Gentlemen, this does not need to be a pissing contest; including boat size, speed, and/or how big one's wife's chest is.

First, Tim aka Expensive Date is a well known and well respected, long standing member here on OSO and in the greater NJ Offshore Community. He knows his chit.

Second, I'll concur that Flyin-Brian's video exhibits less than 100% responsible boating practices that I'd like to be boating around. I wouldn't lay the throttles on the dash and take my hand off of them. I also wouldn't take my hand of the wheel. What happens if you have a mechanical failure or underwater hazard collision? Having one's hands on the controls gives the captain the best chance of controlling the incident and safe recovery.

Also curious, where is the captiain in Flyin-Brian's video wearing the lanyard attachment? Not quizzing, just curious. I attach mine to the bottom of my shorts leg opening with a caribiner, so I can see the point.

Third, the NJPPC Poker Run video is an organized event with structure, rules (like life jackets), and a dedicated safety program. The running in the video is part of being in an organized Poker Run. It is done so in as much of a controlled environment as possible.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:21 PM
Registered

That and the constant neck movements,the little nap you took when you put your head on the steering wheel for a few seconds did lead me to believe well that you were trashed.Sorry thats what it looks like.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Constant neck movement is from the chop I was running in,and as far as my so called nap I took,every couple minutes I tuck my head down below the windscreen to listen for engine noises,sorry ,but that is a habit I have always done,although I don't feel it is important to say,but I run my tether on a Velcro strap around my right ankle,I had too many problems getting it pulled out when it got wedged between me and my seat.....
Old 09-15-2010, 04:27 PM
Registered

Third, the NJPPC Poker Run video is an organized event with structure, rules (like life jackets), and a dedicated safety program. The running in the video is part of being in an organized Poker Run. It is done so in as much of a controlled environment as possible.

I will keep that in mind next time there is a fatality when someone cuts in the path of oncoming boat traffic,it is o.k. because they were organized,thanks,the near collision in his video looks more structured now...I am merely pointing out facts while only opinions are cutting up my video,this is just typical haters degrading the new guy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.