Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Multi Media Gallery > Members On-line Video Section!!
Boat driving instruction video >

Boat driving instruction video

Notices

Boat driving instruction video

Old 03-03-2016, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

There would have to be a ton of different videos for boating on docking just alone. Every boat is different from straight bottom v's in and out Step v's in and out with box's with out box's wind no wind. And so on and so forth if you just take it easy and learn the boat and your limits your best class will be on the water doing it. One of the best ways to learning something is to do it over and over And over again. Thats how I tough my brother to dock took him to empty area of docks and made him pull In And back in all day till he got it
Old 03-03-2016, 10:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
well this started the motorcycle movie real deal for everyone. Man I remember when that came out and watched it a crap load of times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iDfmhZAiUA
Absolutly!! Great movie!
Ok so back on topic, is there anything out there in the way of instructions or videos or anything for performance boaters? Not that its essential but it is entertaining.. It'd be great to see a series of videos ranging from say a single engine Pantera, to a mid 30' twin then progress to a 41' Apache and maybe a tripple engine flavor...
Old 03-03-2016, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Even drive height changes everything
Old 03-03-2016, 10:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 1989mach1
There would have to be a ton of different videos for boating on docking just alone. Every boat is different from straight bottom v's in and out Step v's in and out with box's with out box's wind no wind. And so on and so forth if you just take it easy and learn the boat and your limits your best class will be on the water doing it. One of the best ways to learning something is to do it over and over And over again. Thats how I tough my brother to dock took him to empty area of docks and made him pull In And back in all day till he got it
For sure, I couldnt agree more. But, the entertainment value and my interest in boats alone is the direction I'm coming from... I'd prefer to find my own abilities and limits but I'd be pretty cool to watch a master at work.. Aka Bob Saccenti at work for example..
Old 03-03-2016, 10:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 1989mach1
Even drive height changes everything
Right, and a cats not a V hull and a ts will wash out where a strait bottom will dig ect ect, I get that.. Breaking it down into the technical aspects of the boat, power, X-dimension, motor setback ect is defeting the purpose of just the fundimentals.. All I'm sayin is it'd be refreshing to see some more come from the industry..
Old 03-03-2016, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Tip number one...

Do NOT drive your boat like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWqlFCQB8xU
Old 03-03-2016, 10:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by phragle
Tip number one...

Do NOT drive your boat like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWqlFCQB8xU

Couldnt agree more... That one went viral when it came out.. Oouuch...
Old 03-03-2016, 11:07 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

maybe start with some articles about driving and handling boats. I remember when this this come out about stepped hulls and of course there is more. Boating magazine 1 page read.

https://books.google.com/books?id=kd...20hull&f=false
Old 03-04-2016, 08:03 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyeater
I attended the Keith Code class in San Francisco in the 80's when the track was Sears Point LOL
Me too! I attended the Keith Code Super bike School when it visited the East Coast at Laconia NH, way, way back in 1980 or 1981 (yes, sadly, I am THAT old! ) It was an absolute BLAST, and very helpful. Made me a much better street rider too. We had 8 road racers that stayed after the Nationals and attended the class along with 6 of us road riders. My biggest accomplishment..... I got the 2nd fastest lap times of all 14 riders!

I think a boat video would do well. Cats, V-bottoms, stepped hulls, singles, twins, triples, all have different traits, and some tips and demos could be quite useful. Plus, I just think it would be great to watch, and help make the NorthEast winters pass a little quicker.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,126 Likes on 476 Posts

Nearly 20 years ago, I complained to a local prop guy about my boat being very sluggish to get up on the plane. He told me to contact xxx and when I told them my issue, they organized one of their race drivers to spend an afternoon with me prop testing. I told him the setup and top speed was 86 on gps. He said I'll get you over 90 or the day is free!

Boat was a Sea Ray Pachanga 27 with 502's running Merc chopper props. He came along with a nice selection of props but could only gain 2 mph and was no better getting on the plane. We had a fun afternoon and it only cost me the fuel.

What impressed me was how this race driver handled the boat. It got quite choppy later in the afternoon and he couldn't have been happier. He pushed me out of the way and took control. For the first couple of minutes I was scared for my life, then I was scared for my boat's life, then I realized this guy is an expert and he could extract everything out of this boat and then a little bit more. He was having so much fun, we kept burning gas until it got dark and I got a great couple of hours learning. He conceded that I already had a very good prop setup but really showed me a lot about driving a boat.

Maybe 86 is slow to most of you guys but 20 years ago, in a 27 footer, I thought it was pretty quick.

Videos are entertaining but there's no substitute for seat time with an expert to guide you.

RR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.