Notices

Aquapalooza 2008

Old 07-17-2008, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, we have a good ramp at Cobb Island that we use for the Sonic. Goose Bay might be closer for you... it is half way between Cobb Island and Fairview (use less fuel). We will be bringing the Sea Ray if it is running better. We will get that back this weekend. If not, we will be bringing the Sonic. Either way, we can hook up at Cobb Island or outside Goose Bay and show you the way. You might have to run circles around us if we bring the Sea Ray. Randy and Sharon (Beak Boater) also launch at Goose Bay.

Feel free to give me (Patti) a call 703-407-9106 or Bill 301-674-2773.

Cheers!
Old 07-17-2008, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 45sonic
Yes, we have a good ramp at Cobb Island that we use for the Sonic. Goose Bay might be closer for you... it is half way between Cobb Island and Fairview (use less fuel). We will be bringing the Sea Ray if it is running better. We will get that back this weekend. If not, we will be bringing the Sonic. Either way, we can hook up at Cobb Island or outside Goose Bay and show you the way. You might have to run circles around us if we bring the Sea Ray. Randy and Sharon (Beak Boater) also launch at Goose Bay.

Feel free to give me (Patti) a call 703-407-9106 or Bill 301-674-2773.

Cheers!
and ill be running circles around randy.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
Actually I just got off the aquapalooza website and they had another event at the same location as ours?? Damn I didn't even know it, after looking at their pics ours was wilder??????

SWEET

WILL
Well look at the demographics and who put it onSMLYacht Club. The cruisers and majority who would have heard about it on SML are not your typical rip it up and get crazy types. Now if they actually promoted it and put on a good band it might be something.

We are always up for a good event on SML.

as for the Aquapalooza at Fairview beach, we were thinking of trailing up for this event but we lost access to our boat storage location up here in nova so it's sort of up in the air .........

Last edited by drejustice; 07-18-2008 at 08:21 AM.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by drejustice
Well look at the demographics and who put it onSMLYacht Club. The cruisers and majority who would have heard about it on SML are not your typical rip it up and get crazy types. Now if they actually promoted it and put on a good band it might be something.

We are always up for a good event on SML.

as for the Aquapalooza at Fairview beach, we were thinking of trailing up for this event but we lost access to our boat storage location up here in nova so it's sort of up in the air .........
Andre, what kind of storage do you need? We could make room in the driveway at Cobb Island.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Registered

Andre, what kind of storage do you need? We could make room in the driveway at Cobb Island.
Thanks for the offer. I think trailer length is about 34ft. Now remind ya it's a deck tunnel. I heard I shouldn't go past 301 bridge on the river as it starts to get big water? Isn't cobb past that?
Old 07-18-2008, 03:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by drejustice
Thanks for the offer. I think trailer length is about 34ft. Now remind ya it's a deck tunnel. I heard I shouldn't go past 301 bridge on the river as it starts to get big water? Isn't cobb past that?
Big water??!! Not normally. You need to get closer to the Bay for that unless it is really windy. We have a 22 Scarab, 28 Sunsation and a 24 Baja on the island.....no problem. A lot of people on the island have small center console boats. We are just past the 301 bridge across the river from Colonial Beach, VA.

Offer stands.

Patti and Bill
Old 07-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Originally Posted by seltzer
and ill be running circles around randy.
Good....may be you will burn all your gas up and Ill tow you in.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:22 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Originally Posted by nitrotommy
Can anyone help? where on the river is it? I've never been on the potomic. And where is a good place to launch a 32 ft on the maryland side. Thanks for any help!! See you there.
Goose Bay Marina is your best bet. About 15 min cruise from their. Did you run the Fun run on the Patuxent at the end of June?
Old 07-18-2008, 05:54 PM
Registered

Big water??!! Not normally. You need to get closer to the Bay for that unless it is really windy. We have a 22 Scarab, 28 Sunsation and a 24 Baja on the island.....no problem. A lot of people on the island have small center console boats. We are just past the 301 bridge across the river from Colonial Beach, VA.

Offer stands.

Patti and Bill
Cool cool then i was misinformed! We are headed to the lake tonight and we'll see if how the weekend goes and if we are going to trail it back up. I found out there's a smaller Aquapalooza on SML the same weekend and it might save us from having to tow back. Thanks for the offer and we'll give ya a buzz if we decide to do it.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts

We're planning to raft up in front of the campground. (east of Tim's pier) Come on by....

Quick Reply: Aquapalooza 2008

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.