Wally World has Fram HP filters

Notices

Wally World has Fram HP filters

Old 05-22-2002, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wally World has Fram HP filters

Boys and Girls (and Stryker).

Just noticed this week that WalMart had the HP line of FRAM oil filters at about $8.50 (as I remember).

Just thought I would pass it on. (actually I was also thinking of trying the Mobile1 filters at Advance Auto for about the same price this time).

B B
Old 05-22-2002, 08:52 AM
Registered

Watch it eldest side kick........but seriously I've always used Mercury Marine filters and seem they work fine. Do a search on oil filters and you will find a post which contains an extensive study of oil filters. If I remember correctly (and that's tuff) Fram didn't fair to well but Mobil did get a better report. Seems as if Wix did well and Champion industries. Like I said ,that's all from memory and I've killed a few brain cells since then.

Roger
Old 05-22-2002, 09:04 AM
Registered

Gee strike boy, you don't use your boat enough to even need to change the filter. I don't think a filter will go bad from just sitting.

...and I figure you may still have ONE brain cell left working. then again, maybe not.
Old 05-22-2002, 09:19 AM
Registered

Let's get this straight...Ole Geezer..The one and only reason this season is a mess is because of the WIFE. She had to have the new house, a baby and it's all her fault, the pregnancy too. And with all this, she still won't let Stryker go to the lake.

Already winterized !!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2002, 09:45 AM
Registered

You poor boy. What does YOU going to the lake have to do with her? Just say... I'll be back later honey baby. Oh one last thing...better give her a kiss and ask nicely for the boat keys.

How is the little lady doing? Is it time to paint her belly like a beach ball?
Old 05-22-2002, 10:07 AM
Registered

Stryker..........Yep........thats the same one I read also (pretty darn good actually). After that, for my cars I will stick with the AC Delco stuff, WIX or Mobile. (I dont think the guy tested the Fram HP filters, but they should be good, as they dont have the plastic substandard stuff for the anti-drain).

But I might even try the Mobile1 this time. Not sure whats in there, but the darn thing is 2x the weight of the others. The one item the Mobile filter has over the others is the filtering material thats not as suceptable to water damage IF water was in the oil. Although then you've got a much nastier problem then.

I think that for the more serious use, the WIX are great (used them before), and the HP series are real good also, along with the Mobile1's.........and like you said, the Merc stuff I dont think anyone could ever complain about.
Old 05-22-2002, 03:38 PM
Dreamweaver

Studs who love oil filters:

Give me the part numbers or applications and I'll hook you up REAL good... Ask SeaDated, he's one of my satisfied customers!

We do ACDelco, Motorcraft, and some Fram...

Old 05-22-2002, 04:06 PM
Registered

She says she lost the boat keys !!!!! So no kisses for her and the belly is already painted with the Stars and Stripes.

Dreamweaver- Don't you know the Older generation is easily pleased.
Old 05-22-2002, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stryker:

Tell her one of the old folks is broken down out on the lake, and you've got to go save them....

Dreamweaver:

Any deals on HP-6 filters ?

Who's going out on Lanier this weekend ?

Doug
Old 05-23-2002, 06:57 AM
Dreamweaver

Hey RumRunner!

HP6's are $12.93 each plus tax from your friendly neighborhood wholesaler (me)!

Quick Reply: Wally World has Fram HP filters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.