A speed limit on St. Leonard creek? >

A speed limit on St. Leonard creek?

Notices

A speed limit on St. Leonard creek?

Old 04-12-2011, 05:48 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A speed limit on St. Leonard creek?

This is part of an article from the Calvert County newspaper. It was posted earlier by Maryland Mark. St. Leonard is the creek you take to get to Vera's.

DNR may create boating speed limit on St. Leonard Creek

More than 40 residents who live along St. Leonard Creek turned out, and almost two dozen spoke, at the Maryland Department of Natural Resources public hearing Wednesday evening at the College of Southern Maryland for a proposal to institute a speed limit for all boating vessels on the creek.

While a 6-knot speed limit already exists at the northern, narrower tip of the creek, DNR is considering creating speed regulations for the remainder of the creek: 35 knots during the day and 25 at night on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from April 15 through Oct. 15.

The whole story is here http://somdnews.com/stories/04082011...05_32398.shtml

Last edited by Beak Boater; 04-12-2011 at 05:53 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Registered
Gold Member

That is some
Old 04-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

It might be a good idea to give them that limit. If not they will come back for a 6 knot zone all the way. If they change it to 35 they are unlikely to come back at it, but if they don't get something they will get more aggressive and could get a 6 all the way up there. And that would totally SUCK.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Registered

Give in to a liberal once, give to a liberal for a lifetime..

I agree with you Ted but have a feeling once they get 25/35 they will ask for more. Veras was dead before Steve brought it back, with even more boats zooming by, they aren't going to stop. Up next will be they have to listen to boats idle all day which brings sound restrictions and another ball of BS.

I don't know the answer, hope they all get pissed off and sell for cheap so I can have a house on the water without wheels!
Old 04-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You tell em Gordon!

So should we send letters to that address or do you Pax River guys have this thing under control?
Speed limits on the water are ridiculous, unless within 100 ft of another object of course.