Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Mid Atlantic US
Anybody heard from... >

Anybody heard from...

Notices

Anybody heard from...

Old 06-12-2002, 05:26 PM
Registered

Location: I knew I shouldn't have made that left turn in Albuquerque...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Hey CC...

The 28 SXT IS a Cat!!! AND it is a 2001 model. He was asking 70 large, but it hasn't moved yet... Kurt @ Atlanta Marine might be in a mood to negotiate wit ya. 678-482-6499. Ask for Kurt, or Mike LaCagnia. Tell them I sent ya!

http://www.warlock-powerboats.com/28_sxt_1.htm

Last edited by RedWarlock; 06-12-2002 at 05:36 PM.
Old 06-12-2002, 05:46 PM
Registered

Angry NEVERMIND!!!

Just got off the phone w/Kurt, the 28 SXT is sold! He did offer to discuss ordering one with whatever specs you want. I told him about what you said in your post, and he said it can be done! Might still be worth a call. Plus, if you went this way, you can get what you want on the boat!
Old 06-13-2002, 07:50 AM
Registered

Default Thanks Red

Thanks for the info RW-----70 large---OUCH!!! What's the price for one that hits triple digits? I probably don't want to know. We looked at the Motion because the price was reasonable(<50k). If there is one thing I've learned-------You get what you pay for. I can't afford to step up to the 100 mph club the way I want to. I like our Cougar--it's just not fast enough. Angie disagrees.
Well, got to go. There's a nice DCB mach 26 with 300's with my name on it .j/k. BTW, our plans for this weekend "might" be changing. MAYBE we will see you guys at Murray!!!!!! See ya, G
Old 06-13-2002, 08:46 AM
Jan
Member "69" Charter #70
Charter Member

CougerCat, looks like it will be a nice weekend, 88 degrees. You guys need to make it down to Murray if at all possible.

JAN
Old 06-13-2002, 10:20 AM
Registered

Thumbs up COOL!!!

I hope to see you guys this weekend then! BTW, to get the $ mark, you'd be over the $100 LARGE mark... WAY over!!! ($175,500 for a 28 w/twin 500/502's, but it'd be brand new!!!)What can I say, you gotta pay to play... Personally, I don't want to play THAT bad!
Old 06-13-2002, 10:49 AM
Registered

CC- Why not SC the Cougar ??
Old 06-13-2002, 11:54 AM
Registered

Default Hey Roger!

Good to hear from you---we gonna see ya this weekend??
Being a cat there is absolutely no room depth wise in the engine compartment. It is also a carbed 500, so a serpentine belt driven centrifugal blower mainly designed for the EFI engines wouldn't work well either As it is now the sundeck has a hole cut into it and the top of the factory 500 flame arrestor sits flush with the top of the pad. I realize they have centrifugal blowers for carbed engines, but that sure seems like a lot of extra crap to deal with(modded blow through carb, completely sealed box around the carb, long extension on the front of the crank driving a 10-12 rib belt, etc) Although I'd still "probably" do it IF everything would fit satisfactorily(under the deck) with a reasonably safe boost level, and a decent mph gain. I sound like I'm in fantasy land don't I?????? Talk to you guys later---I think my navigator just made us reservations for Murray..... G
Old 06-13-2002, 12:07 PM
Registered

Gerry-Good to here from you as well. As for the trip, we will not attend due to our little one arriving any day now. Due date 7-18.
But next year is a little different story.

As for the sc, it sounds as you have thought that through pretty well and I did forget it was carbed. Well good luck finding that perfect set up, as it is out there somewhere.

Tell Ms Angie we said Hello and we will see you all soon.

Roger