Lake Lanier Launching Question >

Lake Lanier Launching Question

Notices

Lake Lanier Launching Question

Old 06-21-2002, 10:07 AM
Eric1969

Default Lake Lanier Launching Question

Please help me on this one -

I launch my boat at Shoal Creek. Since I boat a lot with only one of my sons (4 yrs old), I used to park the boat on shore while I parked the truck. However, since the lake is up so much, now what was sand is now rock, which is not really condusive to setting a boat on. There is a little "dock" to park the boat, but it is only big enough for one boat.

Is there anywhere I can launch my boat and someone will hold the boat for me while I park my truck? My thought is maybe a marina, the downside is they get really busy, but I really don't have a choice.

I hope everyone can see my hurdle. It is a pain and can take alot of time to tie my boat to this little dock. Therefore, I end up "holding" one of the launching spots until I can tie the boat, park the truck, and get out of everyone's way.

Please help.

Old 06-21-2002, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

May I suggest Mary Alice Park. There are two docks, if they are floating and an area to anchor offshore and swim in. Just a suggestion. Mary Alice is off 400 at exit 14 (hwy 20). Roger
Old 06-21-2002, 06:57 PM
Registered

Eric1969. Im not sure that MaryAlice docks are floating (which is what I typically use also), but, try this. (if it works for you)

On rt369 (basically x17 of 400), just after the new Shell station, and Fountain dealer, the next right is Charleston Park. The lot is smaller than Mary Alice but has 3 good long ramps, and, you can easilly put your boat up to shore w/o rocks...etc. Because its just around the corner from where I store anyway, during the week I sometimes go there. (its also sheltered in a cove, so you dont have the boneheads making waves like at the other parks)

Bob
Old 06-21-2002, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eric:

Have you tried going over to Lanier Harbor ? I know they've got plenty of dock space, and ramp space. Even have food, gas, and bathrooms for that matter. Give Barkley a call or go to his sight www.lanierharbor.com not sure what (if) they charge to put in over there.

Doug.

I'm up in Gainesville, when it's real busy at the ramps I go over to Gainesville marina. Best $4.00 I could spend floating dock, security etc.....
Old 06-24-2002, 10:43 AM
Eric1969

thanks for the info.

Mary Alice, I think, is on the west side of the lake. I would rather stay on the east side.

I will give Lanier Harbor a try. I love the lake being up, but dockin it and everything else by myself gets a little tough.

Old 06-26-2002, 12:18 PM
Registered

Have you tried Starboard Marina? They have one ramp and plenty of courtsey docks. I go boating alone quite often and this is where I go. It is in Flowery Branch and I am in L'ville so it is easy to get to. They also have a great little resturant - Up The Creek.

Todd