Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Mid Atlantic US
Moving to Glen Burnie for a month or so. >

Moving to Glen Burnie for a month or so.

Notices

Moving to Glen Burnie for a month or so.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Check with Casa Rio and Rhode River Marina , both have a ramp . Just not sure if either are open to the public .
Old 04-26-2012, 05:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tcwcar
Welcome to the Chesapeake....once you get your feet wet you will love it, so many places to go, do, and see. I live in PA. but have had my Christ Craft at Mears point marina for the past 14 years. Kent Narrows is great 30 minites from Baltamore, Redeyes is great, you guys are right though, on sundays you will need to stop at the gym across from Redeye and get "pumped up" before you go in there, there is alot of meat heads, but still fun, Jettys fun, Annies got GREAT steaks, crab deck, Harris crab house, new public boat ramp right there....heck if your looking for a place to hang, all give you my pass to Mears, hang out on the CristCraft maybe wash it down for me, "dont get down to much" go to there huge pool, go to the gym and get "pumped up" and walk over to the Redeyes just in time for the bikini contest on Sunday...
Originally Posted by bobonthis
Thanks for all your replies..Sounds like lots to do. NOt really into the whole meathead jersey shore thing, but any of you make it out to the area let me know and I will try and meet you over there and buy you a few drinks. I only work til 12 on saturdays and off sundays. So far though I will agree the town seems like any other town I have been to. Even visited east balitmore on accident..Didnt stop at a single stop sign and ran like hell..White guy with ohio plates in a bmw is all bad.
I pick things up and put them down! Go meatheads j/k

I don't think Redeye is that bad as far at the "meathead" population..... I'm more concerned with some of those girls that compete in the contest... They have a lot of talent, but then some "not so much" lol... Funny thing is, Every year its the same girls... Been that way for 10 years.. Interesting to watch how they "age"
Old 04-26-2012, 05:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by sleev-les

I don't think Redeye is that bad as far at the "meathead" population..... I'm more concerned with some of those girls that compete in the contest... They have a lot of talent, but then some "not so much" lol... Funny thing is, Every year its the same girls... Been that way for 10 years.. Interesting to watch how they "age"
they do make the circuit dont they? lol...and any night during the week you can usually see them pole swinging at various clubs in balt...they get some talent from philly and nj too.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
they do make the circuit dont they? lol...and any night during the week you can usually see them pole swinging at various clubs in balt...they get some talent from philly and nj too.
Yup, should just be called a stripper contest.. Been to one bikini contest in MD, you've been to them all. Sunday nights at Bay Cafe used to be majority strippers.. Not sure if it still is... Haven't been up that way in years. Have you been to any of the Bumper Bashes at Dobbins? Theres a couple guys with poles on the bows of their boats that have girls dancin' on them lol...
Old 04-26-2012, 09:14 AM
Joe
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was just playing...i was one of those meatheads, always at the gym, till i blew my back out, heck wish i could still do it....Redeyes is crazy at time but its still fun, good bands on weekends, just took me for a loop last time I was there, the door guys had me take my shirt off looking for guns or knives i guess....getting old I guess, dont want to deal with crap like that anymore, did that done that...
bobonthis, I'll let you know I'm headed down I'll buy you a couple, Joe
Old 04-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tcwcar
i was just playing...i was one of those meatheads, always at the gym, till i blew my back out, heck wish i could still do it....Redeyes is crazy at time but its still fun, good bands on weekends, just took me for a loop last time I was there, the door guys had me take my shirt off looking for guns or knives i guess....getting old I guess, dont want to deal with crap like that anymore, did that done that...
bobonthis, I'll let you know I'm headed down I'll buy you a couple, Joe
I'm still a gym rat.. 6 days a week.. My only of day is due to overtime at work, but even doing that I'm building furniture..

Anytime any of you guys want to hit Redeye, let me know.. I'm good for a few drinks..
Old 04-26-2012, 03:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Prostreet144
Yeah it was Josh that showed up. I don't know him personally but have a good buddy of mine that knows him and speaks well of him. He gave me a free pass for the next time but it was still a pain.
Not to get off topic but any suggestions on a place to drop in on the rhode river? So far all I have found is sail boat marinas or hear of places not friendly to open exhaust. I sometimes go to the island in the rhode with my French bulldog and he hates leaving the south river and going in the bay to cross over.

Check out Backyard Boats in Shadyside. Two steep ramps. I think the launch fee is $20-25. My uncle launches his 35' Formula there, it can be tight, but I dont have any proplems with my 25'. Open exhaust should not be a problem. I know of several LOUD boats that launch there. And they lurk on here too. HI
Old 04-26-2012, 11:26 PM
Registered

Yep..I used to live in a gym myself..blew my knew out..still need surgery, just havent had time to get it done. I quit going to the gym years ago though when I realized I had a personality and dont need to live in the gym..lol. I do need to get in shape but dont need to live in a gym to do that. I tell my friends who tell me I am gaining weight or getting fat, that they are just jealous because I can afford to eat good. To each thier own though, I just dont like the drama or cockyness that comes with some of these guys who are mad at the world and think because they have muscles they are the sh1t. Plus when it comes down to it, we all know personality will get the girls faster
Old 04-26-2012, 11:28 PM
Registered

I am staying pretty much across the street from the Orioles stadium but anytime you guys are close..hit me up. Maybe I should track down some of my old OSO shirts to get recognized at the bars.lol
Old 04-27-2012, 05:29 AM
Registered

Yep..I used to live in a gym myself..blew my knew out..still need surgery, just havent had time to get it done. I quit going to the gym years ago though when I realized I had a personality and dont need to live in the gym..lol. I do need to get in shape but dont need to live in a gym to do that. I tell my friends who tell me I am gaining weight or getting fat, that they are just jealous because I can afford to eat good. To each thier own though, I just dont like the drama or cockyness that comes with some of these guys who are mad at the world and think because they have muscles they are the sh1t. Plus when it comes down to it, we all know personality will get the girls faster
I keep to myself at the gym.. I want to stay far away from the Jersey Shore rejects. There are a lot of them at my gym.. Heads bigger than a hot air balloon...

I am staying pretty much across the street from the Orioles stadium but anytime you guys are close..hit me up. Maybe I should track down some of my old OSO shirts to get recognized at the bars.lol
You may have a better chance in the Annapolis area seeing OSO'ers.. Not sure how many hit the Bmore bars.. haha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.