Notices

Vehicle Detailer

Old 06-07-2012, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vehicle Detailer

Anyone know a good one in the Richmond VA area that can get paint overspray off? Neighbor decided to do some lawn furniture refurb and my truck got a nice new paint job.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Registered

Try using Mothers Clay Bar system. How bad is it?
Old 06-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

^^^^ With this guy. Clay bar it, see if ti takes it off.

John jr
Old 06-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

My Dad had some overspray on his car AFTER it came out of the body shop. He bought a clay bar system from www.griots.com and he was VERY happy with the results.

You can call my friend Silas as well. Tell him I sent you. http://www.silassuds.com/
He's a good guy and will do you right.

Be careful if you chose any detailed though. Their first instinct is to hit it with a buffer, and potentially shorten the life of your paint job with invasive compounds. I recommend the clay bar first.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:03 PM
Registered

That was my first thought (clay bar) but it's all over one side, all the roof, and all the hood. Lots of time to do all that, although I do like to do my own work so I know it's done right. My neighbor is willing to pay for the detail to get it off and it needs a good waxing anyway so I thought why not let someone else do it.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
My Dad had some overspray on his car AFTER it came out of the body shop. He bought a clay bar system from www.griots.com and he was VERY happy with the results.

You can call my friend Silas as well. Tell him I sent you. http://www.silassuds.com/
He's a good guy and will do you right.

Be careful if you chose any detailed though. Their first instinct is to hit it with a buffer, and potentially shorten the life of your paint job with invasive compounds. I recommend the clay bar first.
Thanks for the number. I'll have to give him a call and see what he thinks.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Registered

What color is the truck? Clay bar is definately the way to go, but depending on what grade of claybar that is used and color of the vehicle you will prob have to buff the truck afterwards. I run 5 detail shops in the maryland area..let me know if I can be of any help.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bobonthis
What color is the truck? Clay bar is definately the way to go, but depending on what grade of claybar that is used and color of the vehicle you will prob have to buff the truck afterwards. I run 5 detail shops in the maryland area..let me know if I can be of any help.
Truck is black and the overspray is red. Worked on it Fri. with mcguire's clay bar. Got about half the truck done. Did a pretty good job as far as what could be felt by rubbing your hand across it but it still looks like you can visually see specs.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Registered

Yes as long as you got it to feel smooth you should of got the impurities out of the paint..you can try a a good way to see if it will cover the dull spots in the paint but buffing is probably needed.