Notices

2018 chesapeake bay family and friends run

Old 01-12-2018, 05:05 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts
Default 2018 chesapeake bay family and friends run

All,
I have finalized details for our 2018 CHESAPEAKE BAY FAMILY AND FRIENDS RUN. Below are all the details. If you plan to attend this event you need to make your slip reservations as well as your hotel reservations in a timely manner. At this years event, we will have the CBPBA (Chesapeake Bay Power Boat Association) along with our run. All this means is that we will have a lot more boats along for the day. We welcome all the CBPBA members and their families to enjoy time on the water.

2018 CHESAPEAKE BAY FAMILY AND FRIENDS RUN
- Date: April 27th - 29th, 2018
- Base Location: Baltimore Inner Harbor East Marina
- Hotel: Courtyard by Marriott Baltimore

DETAILS:
- Make slip reservations at www.snagaslip.com (Baltimore Harbor East Marina) - C Dock - All new floating docks - power if needed - SPECIAL SLIP RATES APPLY!!! - 410-625-1700 -
Latitude 39 16’52, Longitude 76 36’10
- Hotel Reservations (Baltimore Courtyard Marriott) will need to be made by clicking on this link Book your group rate for Chesapeake Bay Family and Friends Run or by calling 443-923-4000 (rooms for the Chesapeake Bay Family and Friends Run) - Rooms are available to book under our block till April 4th, 2018
- Friday April 27th come in get settled and enjoy time on the docks - meet and greet till 10pm.
- Saturday April 28th - The Run !!! (Run length will be approximately 90+ miles total) - Depart Harbor East Marina 10am and run to Schaefer's Canal House 1130-3pm. ( you order and pay for what you want) - Then back to Baltimore Inner Harbor East Marina. ( 93 octane fuel at the Schaefer's docks) - http://www.schaeferscanalhouse.com/
GPS COORDINATES:
39.530548, -75.812771

- Saturday Night April 28th - Starting at 630pm - We will have a catered dinner - $20-$30.00 per person - Haven't finalized the dinner thing yet - (completely non formal) - On the docks in the tent area -
- Sunday April 29th - Go Home Day

* For those coming in from out of town trailering your boats in for the event, you can use the ramps at Sandy Point State Park http://dnr.maryland.gov/publiclands/...andypoint.aspx huge ramps and massive parking lot - plenty of room to keep truck and trailers -
Sandy Point State Park - Latitude:39.020867Sandy Point State Park Longitude:-76.407133

Or you can use Fort Smallwood Park in Pasadena index.html - Truck and trailer will need to be driven to a nearby location (our marina) Atlantic Marina Resort - Call 410-437-6926 to coordinate your leaving truck and trailer with them.

My wife Wendy and I look forward to seeing everyone that will be able to make it in April !!!

Chris

Last edited by badmonkey; 01-12-2018 at 05:02 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:02 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I would like to give a shout out to RGPIII (Robert) fellow 353 owner, marina neighbor, great friend, total class act human, CBPBA board member for coordinating the Chesapeake Bay Power Boat Association's "Frostbite Cruise" - (season opening shake down run) along with our Chesapeake Bay family and friends run. Also a shout out to my first mate Chris Hall (aka - wrench monkey) - Chris has traveled very long distances with me for Poker runs and Fun runs everywhere. With his new work career kicking a$$ and his very limited time, I do want to say THANKS for all your help as always.... Of course thanks to my Wife Wendy for all of your help with organizing this event. She is truly the best...Way prettier FIRST MATE than Chris....
Old 01-12-2018, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Karen and I will be there!! Last year was a lot of fun and this year looks even better!!
Old 01-12-2018, 12:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by TomR
Karen and I will be there!! Last year was a lot of fun and this year looks even better!!
Tom,
Wendy and I look forward to seeing you and Karen in April. Stay warm this winter buddy.

Chris
Old 01-12-2018, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We're in, wait until you see what we show up in!!!
Old 01-12-2018, 04:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by shaun harrington
Shaun,
Great news. looking forward to seeing you and Mary and your new toy.

Chris
Old 01-12-2018, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 111 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by TomR
Look forward to seeing you again this year Tom! Hopefully we can be pier neighbors at lunch again. Love seeing your boat!
Old 01-12-2018, 05:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by shaun harrington
awesome!!!! Let me know if you need anything Shaun, happy New Year!
Old 01-12-2018, 06:03 PM
Registered

Chris,

Looks like an awesome run! I’ll try to round up my Eastern Shore buddies to see who wants to join.

I will be launching from Kent Narrows on the Friday of the run and heading up to Baltimore. If anyone wants to link up North of Kent Island and run in, please let me know.

Now time to hunker down and get the old bird ready....
Old 01-12-2018, 06:39 PM
Registered

For those that have been wondering,

Here is a video of the marina on Youtube. Should be a pretty awesome weekend!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.