Jordan Point Marina on the James >

Jordan Point Marina on the James

Notices

Jordan Point Marina on the James

Old 09-02-2021, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Jordan Point Marina on the James

Anyone have any input on how the ramp is at Jordan Point? I will be coming from Fredericksburg and wanted a good ramp and safe parking for the truck and trailer.
Old 09-02-2021, 08:36 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 762 Likes on 332 Posts

It's decent. It can be a little tricky when the tide is producing a current there in the marina.
The whole place is now under new ownership as of last year, and is owned by a VERY avid powerboater; and it is going through a LOT of renovations. I have not been there in quite a few years myself.
It is definitely a safe place to park.
The following users liked this post:
waterplay (09-02-2021)
Old 09-02-2021, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Sydwayz
Any other places you can recommend? Keeping in mind I will be coming from Fredericksburg? I would like to go down the James but not locked in to that, the destination will be Waterside.
Old 09-02-2021, 10:28 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 762 Likes on 332 Posts

Call Jordan Point, and talk to Cody, who is the GM. Run your plans by him. The ramp is not tide/depth dependent. Nor is the marina shallow like others on the James.
https://www.facebook.com/jordanpoint...=page_internal
45' boats can and have launched there. The whole complex is now owned by JW Davis (also a member here), and he also owns www.davis4x4.com

Another option is to drive down to Rockahock Campground on the Chickahominy River. Check with them to make sure they don't have an event, but it's also a decent ramp, and a safe place to park. https://www.rockahockcampground.com/
waterplay (09-02-2021)
Old 09-02-2021, 03:33 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 86 Likes on 44 Posts

From there to Waterside is the old "Jammin on the James" route and about 90 miles. Ran it MANY times. There are a few places you can't cut channel markers but most of them you can.

As Sydwayz said, Cody is the GM and grew up on that river. Seems everyone knows him and his dad and they are good people. I haven't used that ramp in years but my recollection is the water depth isn't an issue however the ramp is quite steep. That was a problem for one trailer I had but not the other. Worse case if that presents a problem is the Hopewell ramp about 5 miles away. Lot of people use that too and Cody can direct you if needed. The Hopewell ramp gets shallow at low tide but otherwise fine. I'd rather leave my truck/trailer at Jordan Point but people leave rigs at Hopewell also.
waterplay (09-02-2021)