Notices

Wisconsin

Old 07-23-2007, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out www.northernbayresort.com for Castle Rock. There's new condos and a boat launch, docks there.

Carlsons has a nice beach and a gazebo bar. Probably won't get as good as Gilligans though.

Last edited by Breathe Later; 07-23-2007 at 10:58 AM. Reason: wrong url
Old 07-23-2007, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Breathe Later
Check out www.northernbay.com for Castle Rock. There's new condos and a boat launch, docks there.

Carlsons has a nice beach and a gazebo bar. Probably won't get as good as Gilligans though.
Are you kidding me, carlsons beach is 3 feet deep of water 200 feet out, you have to anchor and walk in. And again, family joint, which is fine, but not if your looking to have a party.......
Old 07-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Registered

Yes, it's shallow there. The new piers go way out, but still pretty shallow. I walk the boat in from aboaut 5 ft deep. Alot of the partying is now at the sand bar across the lake by whatever island that is. The green water is pretty bad when it gets hot too.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Breathe Later
Yes, it's shallow there. The new piers go way out, but still pretty shallow. I walk the boat in from aboaut 5 ft deep. Alot of the partying is now at the sand bar across the lake by whatever island that is. The green water is pretty bad when it gets hot too.
That is what is called Alcatrese. Don't know if that is how it's spelled, but you know what i mean. Pretty much is a shallow sand bottomed area, but still have to anchor the boat. People can still park at the old gilligans, but only 1/4 of the beach remains.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We usually boat on Little Muskego Lake b/c its right by home, Okauchee lake b/c my father-in-law lives on it, and we go to the Mississippi River pretty often.
We've also done Mendota, Castle Rock, Butte des Morts, Winnebago, the Chain in Eagle River and Green Bay out of Door County (that was the best so far)

I always ran all the way up the river at Castle Rock and partied right before the dam...Oh where is Gilligan's in Madison?
I've only been there once but I'd like to go back and find some people we partied with at a poker run.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:17 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

All the boats must be gone from Wisconsin...hahahaha Castle Rock is so shallow all over the place. Petenwell is bigger and has about a 20 ft average depth, but I don't think there is much of a party there
Old 07-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone sold their hot-rods and bought pontoons!

Well it seems that was sometimes...them things, bass boats and wakeboard boats are taking over around here.

We're heading up to LaCrosse/ Trempeaul area this weekend for some powerboating, I can't wait to get out on the river!!!
Old 07-11-2012, 05:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by inthetundra
All the boats must be gone from Wisconsin...hahahaha Castle Rock is so shallow all over the place. Petenwell is bigger and has about a 20 ft average depth, but I don't think there is much of a party there
Castle rock is where I'm at almost every weekend. On holiday weekends there are always 100+ boats at the sand bar island, alcatraz (spelling?). A regular weekend will have still a good amount of boats. Fun lake for sure.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wowchad
Everyone sold their hot-rods and bought pontoons!

Well it seems that was sometimes...them things, bass boats and wakeboard boats are taking over around here.

We're heading up to LaCrosse/ Trempeaul area this weekend for some powerboating, I can't wait to get out on the river!!!
The amount of pontoons/tri toons is crazy. I saw a tri toon on Castle Rock last weekend with a 300 outboard and plenty others with 250s. Pretty expensive rigs for pontoons lol.

Lax/Tremp should be a fun weekend. I was there middle of May for Tremps Reggae fest and slept in the boat in an overnight slip at Sunset Bay Marina. Really nice place I thought. It's fun to experience the locks, but they get kind of a PITA IMO. Only other powerboats I saw that weekend was a 32 fever and a 24 outlaw. Put on about 60 miles. Have fun.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

My sons are at Alcatraz most weekends on their 20' Larson Senza. We live about 4 miles from the lake. I'm a Captain for the county dive/rescue team, my boys are on the team as well. so I hope we don't have to fish any of you guys out that come up here. Lots of idiots on that lake for sure.

Last edited by inthetundra; 07-11-2012 at 09:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Wisconsin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.