OT: Verizon vs Cingular KC/LOTO Area >

OT: Verizon vs Cingular KC/LOTO Area

Notices

OT: Verizon vs Cingular KC/LOTO Area

Old 10-04-2007, 01:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I wa sup there last weekend for the races, my Cingular/AT&T phone almost always had a full signal but i could not get connection worth a crap with my Verizon AirCard.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

My verizon sucks at the lake. When I drive home on Sundays my phone starts beeping with voicemails once I hit Jeff city. Sometimes they are two days old and never registered.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had cingular for years and have always had great reception down at the Lake.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

I used to have verizon, it was great at home and sucked at the lake. My daughter has Sprint and it is OK at the lake. I switched to Cingular/AT&T and it is the best of the 3 at the lake. I went around and asked all the construction guys what they had in 2005 - they all used to be Nextel and were mostly switching to Cingular. Those not switching were staying with Nextel.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Verizon is better now at the lake. Must have added new towers or can now use other providers towers that they could not previously hop to. Still sucks compared to Cingular, though.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:04 PM
Registered

I have both Cingular/ATT and Sprint. Cingular works better for sure. Sprint is better than Verizon though..
Old 11-12-2007, 02:16 AM
Registered

Cingular which is now at&t works great, 44 mm.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Verzion tells me that got new towers and/or data service at the LOTO. I called in on Nov 1 and had them switch me to another plan at no charge and can now send and receive pics at the lake. I tried it last weekend and it worked, the rep told me that if you dial *228 in your home area the new service will take effect. We did that on the wifes phone when we got back, but haven't been back down to try it. Our phones worked much better at the condo last weekend.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by eddie
Verzion tells me that got new towers and/or data service at the LOTO. I called in on Nov 1 and had them switch me to another plan at no charge and can now send and receive pics at the lake. I tried it last weekend and it worked, the rep told me that if you dial *228 in your home area the new service will take effect. We did that on the wifes phone when we got back, but haven't been back down to try it. Our phones worked much better at the condo last weekend.
So are you saying dial *228 when you get to the lake and it reprograms it? And then You also dial *228 when you get back to your home area?

Sorry, I'm a dumb blonde and I wasn't following you there. Angel and I both have Verizon with new packages as of last spring (nationwide local, etc. etc.) and anything that could make it so they don't suck so badly at LOTO would be wonderful.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I work for Sprint, but dialing *228 just updates the PRL (Preferred Roaming List) on your phone. No you only have to do it once. If you do this every so often, it makes sure your phone has the latest list of carriers & their priority in different markets. This is all based on agreements & such the providers sign to allow roaming access across different networks.

Last edited by BDiggity; 11-18-2007 at 01:02 PM.

Quick Reply: OT: Verizon vs Cingular KC/LOTO Area

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.