Newbies to LOTO

Notices

Newbies to LOTO

Old 08-19-2007, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Newbies to LOTO

Hi everyone.
We are coming down on Friday for the weekend and this is our first time to LOTO.
We are staying at a friends house at MM1.
Seeing as how we have never run down here, we do we need to look out for and where is going to be the best spot to see the races?
We have a Formula 292 and our other friends that are coming with us have a 27' Baja.
If any of you guys are from around the 1MM area, maybe we could meet up with you and follow you down to the races.
Any info or advice you guys could give me would be greatley appreciated.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

shootout is easy to find, best place to view is to tie up along the spectator line in front of shooters, just head upstream you will go under a large toll bridge that is at the 17mm, go a few miles and stay to right at the y in the lake you will see all the boats at that point, would try to be there by 11:00 am get a good place near the end of the race course. you can come to the oso party at dog days friday to hook up with people, it is right at the y in the lake at 19mm, no wake area right before another bridge called grand glaize bridge.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:07 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info.
Are there alot of no wake areas on the lake?
Old 08-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by debcod2 View Post
Are there alot of no wake areas on the lake?
Just in the coves mainly and up close to some docks. You will be free to blast the whole main channel. As far as getting to the shootout, just follow about any other boat out at 10am.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Registered

be sure to obey 30 mph after dark ... watch the water patrol there are more of them then you have probably ever seen on water.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:27 PM
Registered

Got it, Thanks for the heads up
Old 08-21-2007, 10:56 AM
Registered

Default Newbie also

First time visitors for us also- will be at Glen Cove Marina MM 21 near Shooters.

Wannabe
Old 08-21-2007, 09:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddy OO View Post
shootout is easy to find, best place to view is to tie up along the spectator line in front of shooters, just head upstream you will go under a large toll bridge that is at the 17mm, go a few miles and stay to right at the y in the lake you will see all the boats at that point, would try to be there by 11:00 am get a good place near the end of the race course. you can come to the oso party at dog days friday to hook up with people, it is right at the y in the lake at 19mm, no wake area right before another bridge called grand glaize bridge.
Getting there is easy. Getting away from there after the races - well, that is the fun part.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:41 PM
Registered

I'm looking forward to some quality playtime this weekend.
This will be the second weekend this year that we will be out without the kids. Adults only .
So I dont have to worry about hitting a good roller and ejecting my 3 year old son.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by debcod2 View Post
I'm looking forward to some quality playtime this weekend.
This will be the second weekend this year that we will be out without the kids. Adults only .
So I dont have to worry about hitting a good roller and ejecting my 3 year old son.
You still have to worry! Nothing like the ride leaving when everyone fires up at the same time!

Quick Reply: Newbies to LOTO

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser