LOTO. Dam to Dam? >

LOTO. Dam to Dam?

Notices

LOTO. Dam to Dam?

Old 12-31-2007, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by 963b
I'm not sure where that is, heard of it though.Pretty good water till about the 50 and yes you do need to watch for stuff. It also depends on the time of year and if Trumans gates are open. The Winery that I went up to is about the 70. It's called Buffulo creek winery. It is pretty cool and chicks dig it.( at least the ones I have taken to it. I have also learned a hard lesson on the Niangia arm. If you ever go to HA HA Tonka state park, DO NOT GO PAST THAT COVE, been there, done that. ended up in 2ft, of water in like 1 second Sucked pretty bad stuck in a sand bar.
LMAO - I have done that too, only got stuck rocking back and forth on a boulder instead of stuck on a sand bar.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:12 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your stuck on a sand bar or a boulder, at least you can rock under the cabin.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:29 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too be honest with ya it would have made a bad a$$ picture.Me and a buddy and both our wives. Buddy got out of the boat and was standing knee deep in the water in the middle of the channel. We were in a 24' fourwinns.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:12 PM
Registered

Too be honest with ya it would have made a bad a$$ picture.Me and a buddy and both our wives. Buddy got out of the boat and was standing knee deep in the water in the middle of the channel. We were in a 24' fourwinns.
I was on a hurricane deck boat - both guys got out to lighten the load and rocked it back and forth until we could slide it off the rock. Luckily is was very round and smooth, so was not a big deal. We ended up walking it back out. But you are right, we were only a few hundred feet past the entrance to Ha Ha.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish I still had the picture of my buddies fountain stuck on a sandbar that they hit at 45mph. You could almost see under the keel. He has a picture of a guy standing next to it in less than knee deep water. Boat looks huge in that pic.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Smitty
I once went to a place called Possum Holler. What mile is that at?? As I remember it, after Dick's you need to watch for submerged objects like trees etc. I thought we went past 75 MM but it was 10 yrs ago.
Possum Holler is at the 61mm..
Old 01-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not sure where that is, heard of it though.Pretty good water till about the 50 and yes you do need to watch for stuff. It also depends on the time of year and if Trumans gates are open. The Winery that I went up to is about the 70. It's called Buffulo creek winery. It is pretty cool and chicks dig it.( at least the ones I have taken to it. I have also learned a hard lesson on the Niangia arm. If you ever go to HA HA Tonka state park, DO NOT GO PAST THAT COVE, been there, done that. ended up in 2ft, of water in like 1 second Sucked pretty bad stuck in a sand bar.
LOL, been there as well in the jet boat a few years back...got a rock stuck in the impeller and had to limp home. Have also been all the way up to Warsaw in the bass boat...just a river up there and plenty of water if you can stay in the channel. There are quite a few establishments up there as well, but they don't have quite as much "energy" as those on the main lake.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
I was on a hurricane deck boat - both guys got out to lighten the load and rocked it back and forth until we could slide it off the rock. Luckily is was very round and smooth, so was not a big deal. We ended up walking it back out. But you are right, we were only a few hundred feet past the entrance to Ha Ha.
The lake did its best to kill that boat.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
The lake did its best to kill that boat.
LMAO, it eventually got sold to a guy that put it on a lake in Ga. Some how he sank it within a year or so.