Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Midwest (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/midwest-220/)
-   -   Whats new for LOTO for 08. Bars? Restaurant's? Land or Water? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/midwest/180471-whats-new-loto-08-bars-restaurants-land-water.html)

nova26 02-21-2008 09:35 PM

Whats new for LOTO for 08. Bars? Restaurant's? Land or Water?

Whats any scoop? Building? Anything big or small? Lake insiders on whats go n on or happening...:D

PhilipG 02-24-2008 04:35 PM

Bac .08

E-mail or call your state rep if you live in Missouri and say you are against the Clean Boating Bill or HB 1715 I think is the number and we might have a chance of keeping the BAC at .10.

Griff 02-24-2008 10:10 PM

The difference between a .08 and .1 bac is about 1 drink. The change won't make any difference to responsible boaters.

As for new places, Capt Ron's is doing a huge expansion and a new place that looks very nice called Coconuts at the Lake is opening at the old Kelley's Port location on the Gravois.
www.coconutsatthelake.com

nova26 02-24-2008 11:42 PM

Thanks Griff! We like going to new places on the lake will defently check out Coconuts. Have to go check out Capt Rons too with the new change. Sounds like there gearing up for the Shoot out.(They may of change the name of it now)

Dawg Gone 02-25-2008 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 2458628)
The difference between a .08 and .1 bac is about 1 drink. The change won't make any difference to responsible boaters.

Unfortunately 'responsibility' is tied to BAC levels. I know many folks that, even stone sober, shouldn't be piloting a boat (or driving a car for that matter).

Sadly, some who read this will jump to the conclusion that I'm for BUI but it is really about responsible operation regardless of what may or may not be in ones bloodstream.

320es 02-25-2008 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Dawg Gone (Post 2458692)
Unfortunately 'responsibility' is tied to BAC levels. I know many folks that, even stone sober, shouldn't be piloting a boat (or driving a car for that matter).

Sadly, some who read this will jump to the conclusion that I'm for BUI but it is really about responsible operation regardless of what may or may not be in ones bloodstream.

You are right to an extent. I know people that are more dangerous dead sober, than others, that might be well over the limit. I have seen more accidents caused by lack of experience, and just not paying attention than I have caused by alcohol.:party-smiley-004:

Mentalpause 02-25-2008 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 2458628)

As for new places, Capt Ron's is doing a huge expansion and a new place that looks very nice called Coconuts at the Lake is opening at the old Kelley's Port location on the Gravois.

Griff, do you know if Coconuts put new docks in?

Griff 02-25-2008 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mentalpause (Post 2459878)
Griff, do you know if Coconuts put new docks in?

I don't know for sure, but the pics on their website look to be new docks. There was some talk about the place on MWBP.

RonS 02-25-2008 10:04 PM

So would coconuts be a little past the time out sports bar?