$3.89 a gal on the water @ LOTO! >

$3.89 a gal on the water @ LOTO!

Notices

$3.89 a gal on the water @ LOTO!

Old 06-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by selpel
If you get the chance stop by and I will take you out on the fastest 40PC you will ever ride in and it goes sideways to boot!!!!!!!!!!! Ask for Capt Steve and you can see what is new setting in the lot!
Right Mentalpause?
Definitely goes sideways! It is a treat to go for the ride. I highly recommend it.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone help me out here, How can these places be selling fuel at these prices. I know places that sell alcohol may be able to offset some with over priced drinks, but you still have to cover General overhead, Employees, electricity, insurance etc. then take a credit card and loose that fee. Also are these low cost fuel docks selling "street" fuel with 10% ethanol? Do you want to run that in your boat? Just give me your 2 cents on insight of how all this is working out for those vendors.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bilgerat
Someone help me out here, How can these places be selling fuel at these prices. I know places that sell alcohol may be able to offset some with over priced drinks, but you still have to cover General overhead, Employees, electricity, insurance etc. then take a credit card and loose that fee. Also are these low cost fuel docks selling "street" fuel with 10% ethanol? Do you want to run that in your boat? Just give me your 2 cents on insight of how all this is working out for those vendors.
When I checked at F&L they were selling straight 87 - no ethanol. I did not ask at Toads. I suspect you are correct, they are subsidizing some of this by their income from food and drinks.

Have you thought about separate pricing, cash versus CC? That would make me a happy camper since I almost always pay in cash.....and at these prices it would make some difference.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Registered

I certainly need to speak with their supplier if they are selling fuel w/o ethanol for that price, and even subsidizing with food and drinks It's still going to be costing them money which will then come out of the profits of the food and beverage, and I don't have any idea about he food service industry, but is there enough profit in all that to justify such a loss on the fuel. Plus once word is out on it everyone will be going there jsut for fuel not necessarily to eat and drink. Maybe they get a bigger break on volume. I am sure if they have the capacity to take a tanker they get a better price anyhow, than do places with smaller tanks requireing a smaller truck bring it in. I wish everyone luck, as one thing ( the cost of Fuel ) is affecting everyone is some very different ways. Fuel in Versailles was $3.719 most of the weekend while in Laurie it was $3.899 Who knows where we go from here.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Registered

I certainly need to speak with their supplier if they are selling fuel w/o ethanol for that price, and even subsidizing with food and drinks It's still going to be costing them money which will then come out of the profits of the food and beverage, and I don't have any idea about he food service industry, but is there enough profit in all that to justify such a loss on the fuel. Plus once word is out on it everyone will be going there jsut for fuel not necessarily to eat and drink. Maybe they get a bigger break on volume. I am sure if they have the capacity to take a tanker they get a better price anyhow, than do places with smaller tanks requireing a smaller truck bring it in. I wish everyone luck, as one thing ( the cost of Fuel ) is affecting everyone is some very different ways. Fuel in Versailles was $3.719 most of the weekend while in Laurie it was $3.899 Who knows where we go from here.
Boat came in today...delivery schedule for a week from Thursday. I will probably be stopping by that weekend - see you then Jason.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't have any problem running 10% ethanol in factory Merc power. Been doing it for over 10 years and never had a problem. They have a pretty good size tank at the Dirty Duck and from what I understand they were still making money on the gas. They are selling it at less of a margin to get people into the resturant, it worked for us. We also had lunch there.
The owner and his wife were also working the dock while we were there. Hope this clears it up a bit.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:57 PM
Registered

Speaking of gas. I'm at the 74 mm and need at least 91 oct. What are the closest places? Right now I'm going to Silver Sands at the 38 mm.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by whiteglide
Speaking of gas. I'm at the 74 mm and need at least 91 oct. What are the closest places? Right now I'm going to Silver Sands at the 38 mm.
Dirty Duck might be worth the drive for 91. Old JP's Point.

Dorcey's was $3.99 again this weekend, I filled her up for the holiday.

Old 07-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by eddie
Dirty Duck might be worth the drive for 91. Old JP's Point.

Dorcey's was $3.99 again this weekend, I filled her up for the holiday.

Where is Dorcey's?
Old 07-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
Where is Dorcey's?
20.5mm save cove as the Ledges opposite side. Past Harbor Point before Heron Bay. They only have one working gas pump, but they open at 10:00 a.m.

Quick Reply: $3.89 a gal on the water @ LOTO!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.