Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Midwest
decible test at loto >

decible test at loto

Notices

decible test at loto

Old 07-08-2008, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We got pulled over Sunday on the 7mm WP thought the Top Gun was too loud and ask if we had checked. I told him my buddy just bought it. WP didn't have his meeter with him to check it so he asked us when we got back to our place to call him and he would come over and check it.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn that sucks. We met you as we were leaving the no wake on Friday and then I saw you again on Saturday in party cove. Ive never been messes with, but they did say something to my buddy with the 28. He has HP500's with Whipples and no mufflers. I have a set of the Shotgun mufflers that automatically close via spring and so far they havent given my boat a second look when we go by, Then again i just have 496's for power.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild
we will find out this weekend, i will be runing all over and have no mufflers, might not be bad if i am with the poker run, but we will see.

Wild
They know you - and leave you alone!

I laughed this weekend - we are crusing down the main channel in the new F boat, no name on it, no registration, and the WP pulls up running side by side about 40 feet away looking us over. I figure he is going to light me up, and just then a cat goes by us - 1 minute later he is lighting the cat up.

Life is good.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
They know you - and leave you alone!

I laughed this weekend - we are crusing down the main channel in the new F boat, no name on it, no registration, and the WP pulls up running side by side about 40 feet away looking us over. I figure he is going to light me up, and just then a cat goes by us - 1 minute later he is lighting the cat up.

Life is good.
Thats why I have NO use for lake patrol.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by gsmith9898
Thats why I have NO use for lake patrol.
I always felt when I was running go fast boats that they seemed to be bias, and pretty much left the cruisers alone. Now that I am cruising - I still feel the same way.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The test they gave was not legal and I brought it to her attention its hard to hold it in court when there is 300 boats going by tring to get a static test was impossible.There was a pontoon that fired up that was 101 when she was trying to test us we just laughed. Trust me our boat is not that loud compared to others. I think what brought her attention to us was we were running pretty hard (in a safe place) and the props were leaving the water which makes some good noise.

Last edited by B BOATER; 07-10-2008 at 09:16 AM.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by B BOATER
The test they gave was not legal and I brought it to her attention its hard to hold it in court when there is 300 boats going by tring to get a static test was impossible.There was a pontoon that fired up that was 101 when she was trying to test us we just laughed. Trust me our boat is not that loud compared to others. I think what brought her attention to us was we were running pretty hard (in a safe place) and the props were leaving the water which makes some good noise.
Your boat is definately not that Loud. The running hard is prolly what did it. They get all pissy when they see folks having a good time and actually enjoying the lake.

Make sure ya sign up over on http://www.midwestboatparty.com its where most of us LOTO folks hang out, and usually always easy to find out where the party is for the weekend. We also have a poker run this weekend. You should signup and come have some fun.

Last edited by QWKRN U; 07-10-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Its 86db at 50 feet or more away and 89db at idle at 3 feet behind the transom.
I've been stopped running and was at 89db.

Correction, its 90db at idle.

http://www.nonoise.org/lawlib/states/missouri/boats.htm
So if your boat is pre-1996 you can only be 86 db?
Old 07-15-2008, 12:29 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by baywatch
So if your boat is pre-1996 you can only be 86 db?
Different tests. The 90db is at idle. The 86db is at 50 or more feet.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Different tests. The 90db is at idle. The 86db is at 50 or more feet.
Thanks..

I saw your boat when I was leaving Dog Days (I love the AT's) friday night but didn't see you. Maybe next time I will bump into you.

Mine should be quiet enough you don't get much more stock than my old tub. I just wanted to know the facts if I ever get pulled over.

-Josh

Quick Reply: decible test at loto

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.