Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Midwest
What happened to White Lightning? >

What happened to White Lightning?

Notices

What happened to White Lightning?

Old 09-26-2008, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW! I realy dont remeber the topic of this thread. was it WHAT HAPPENED TO MASHER????? whats your point bro??????????????????????
Old 09-26-2008, 05:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sea-Dated
I can vouch for this one since I was riding in Mashers boat. Only 2 Vee's beat us to Big Dicks and neither were from LOTO. One was a triple engine Outerlimits that left right before us and we could not catch him, from Arkansas I believe, and the other was the Pier 57 Top Gun that took off almost 5 minutes before we did.

I never saw a single V pass us either on the way to Big Dicks or on the way back.

Facts are facts.
It wasn't the P57 Gun, it was mine and I am from LOTO. I also did leave first; slowed around tan tara to watch the cats blow by...but never saw another V, and I did not run hard the last 10 miles. Fact is my port engine wouldn't even run over 5k that day, needed to adjust the throttle cable. Ask Wild, I pulled in right behind him and Joe Pandak in the 36 Skater. Not saying I have the fastest V, but I'd run Travis for fun...just to see what he's got. I'm curious, I've never seen that boat run hard.

Last edited by omerta one; 09-26-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by omerta one
It wasn't the P57 Gun, it was mine and I am from LOTO. I also did leave first; slowed around tan tara to watch the cats blow by...but never saw another V, and I did not run hard the last 10 miles. Fact is my port engine wouldn't even run over 5k that day, needed to adjust the throttle cable. Ask Wild, I pulled in right behind him and Joe Pandak in the 36 Skater. Not saying I have the fastest V, but I'd run Travis for fun...just to see what he's got. I'm curious, I've never seen that boat run hard.
Hold on....

"Run"? "Just for fun??" Like... loosely organized to determine the faster of two or more boats??? What is this concept you speak of??? Blasphemy, I say!!!

Old 09-28-2008, 01:06 AM
Registered

any news on who was first to bridge on saturday?
Old 09-28-2008, 01:13 AM
Registered

whos up for a little run after the sunday races? anyone?
Old 09-28-2008, 10:37 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 591 Likes on 271 Posts

That will be a nice Bumpy ride if it is anything like last year. BUT it was a BLAST!!! To bad we couldnt make it this year.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I did see Travis running towards the bridge (eastbound) on Saturday after the race. Man he blew right by me...but then again I was in the Sea Ray. (I worked the races) He wasn't running very fast, it was rough...but it did not appear as though anyone else was running him either.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

We ran after the race Saturday to the Dog and nobody was running with us at 120.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by WeaponX
We ran after the race Saturday to the Dog and nobody was running with us at 120.
Screamin today as well.

Lets put this way, He had time to order his food and have it to his table before we got there. Nice enough to run down and help us tie up as well.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by omerta one
I saw 2 TG unlimiteds in the fun run with similar blue paint jobs, we passed one about halfway through and there was one waiting at big dicks when we got there.

Noteworthy during the run was a guy in a red baja with mild graphics who must have welded the sticks to the dash and was running low 80s and caught up to us once when we took it easy about 3/4s the way thru. We mostly ran 85 to 95. Guy was hauling it pretty good... heard he had a couple blower motors in it.

Travis gave the business out today again after the races. Tyson in the Cig was also wide open running behind WL. Tyson and Brad are National Champions as well in P3.
WL is dialed in now and WAY north of triple digits.

Quick Reply: What happened to White Lightning?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.