What happened to White Lightning? >

What happened to White Lightning?

Notices

What happened to White Lightning?

Old 08-27-2012, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RutRow
Yea I dont doubt that Lake Michigan gets REALLY rough. But for the most part, all the waves are going the same way and are predictable. LOTO is so narrow that you have waves bouncing back and forth making it very unpredictable. There are TONS of large cruisers on LOTO and their waves criss cross across the lake and cause the boat to bounce in any direction potentially causing damage or injury. Thats why in 2006 LOTO was named the 3rd most dangerous waterway in the US according to the US Coast Guard data.
Yeah...I've been to LOTO. I know the deal. You, however, haven't been on Lake Michigan, as there is none of the predictability you speak of. I don't care what power you have, its tough to go fast when you are always pointed at the sky.

I'm sure your boats are fast, I'm sure White Lightning is fast (and I think its a gorgeous boat).

But look, this thread just turned into more internet fun...whose waves are bigger. I love it. Lol.

Which 388 is YOURS Rutrow? Are you Dennis?

Last edited by sommerfliesby; 08-27-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread cracks me up. Travis it was good to see you all your hard work with Brad has paid off. Katie it was nice to meet you and thanks for helping me out. Ha. Good times and a fun week.

I wish I would been able to see how the AT ran in the washing machine after the Shootout - it just wasn't in the cards. I will be back next year letting her fly though!

Shrum - that cig is bad azz as well. See you guys Thursday night.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RutRow
Yea no chit. What guy wouldn't like a go pro video of 7 girls riding in a badass boat with tig ole' bitties bouncing around?!!
The funny thing he has a set setting in his closet....If it it is not about loading a@@ on the boat and keeping that bad bit## running it becomes a winter project. one of the funnest weekends ever.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:32 PM
Registered

I heard there was some trash talkin' on here about TR and WL, but WOW, I've been reading this whole thread and can't believe all the haters.....

Last edited by Mike Wright; 08-27-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Smith
Truest statement yet! There are some professional photos from the weekend that may end up on here soon.
Would love to see them! If youve got any good ones of WL, would love to use them for desktop background on laptop...
Old 08-27-2012, 09:57 PM
LV
Gold Member
Gold Member

Talking

Originally Posted by Quinlan
And this past Sat was about the roughest I have seen it in the 10 + yrs I have been going to the shootout.

I know MY Smith Power Kicked some azz in it.
It was real snotty, but we had a blast for sure! Hats off to Travis for helping out Dennis this weekend, that was first class bro!
As far as the WL doubters go, well I helped pull those mills off the dyno stand this year, trust me when I say, " be VERY afraid".
Old 08-27-2012, 10:14 PM
Registered

http://vimeo.com/5281383

COOL!
Old 08-27-2012, 11:00 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

SAM

Bad ass vid you found.. Wish there was some more recent ones of this boat

John jr
Old 08-27-2012, 11:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fenderjack
SAM

Bad ass vid you found.. Wish there was some more recent ones of this boat

John jr
Got one more!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3y0d...ature=youtu.be

And +1, would love to see more pictures! WL is my 2nd favorite go-fast!
Old 08-28-2012, 01:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kshrum
Just left captain rons tried to race white lighting he would not race wtf we were in cigarette with 900s

Well lucky for you guys then, sounds like ole Travis just spared u guys alot of fuel by not runnin yall then..!! Cause ur gunna need to at least double your HP to wanna git out there and run with all them SMITH-POWER ponies that are under the hatches of W-L..!!

Quick Reply: What happened to White Lightning?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.