Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes sir, 2006 Memorial weekend.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
Yes sir, 2006 Memorial weekend.
You ever come to Quincy, IL Hogback Island? You like your camper top. I got a Formula 357, thinking bout gettin one. Hard to put up, or take off and store??
Old 03-30-2009, 08:09 AM
Registered

Haven't made it up to Quincy yet, but is something we plan to do at some point. I have heard about Hogback Island. Is the big party on labor day weekend (Sept. 5-7) this year?

The camper top is factory and the bimini section stores under the engine hatch. It lays down and large hooks secure it in front of the engines. The front/side and aft curtains store in bags in the cuddy. We love it and use it all the time when sleeping on the boat. I can put it up solo in about 10 minutes, but it is nice to have some help getting the bimini frame attached.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

4mulafastech...Did you happen to race an older 251 Checkmate Convincor last year black and white and red ..towards the end of the year. If so it was me! We raced for 20 miles from Johns Harbor past Iowa island and were neck and neck the whole way! We stopped and talked after the race and I did some adjustments and we raced a few more times....was this you? If not that other guy has a boat identical to yours!
Old 04-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bigsbetter
4mulafastech...Did you happen to race an older 251 Checkmate Convincor last year black and white and red ..towards the end of the year. If so it was me! We raced for 20 miles from Johns Harbor past Iowa island and were neck and neck the whole way! We stopped and talked after the race and I did some adjustments and we raced a few more times....was this you? If not that other guy has a boat identical to yours!
That was me! It was in October and hardly anyone was out that day and I was cruising down the river past Kinders around 50 mph. Out of nowhere I hear you come up on my port side aired out really nice and running hard. Wish I had a camera! Your Checkmate was running right on the pad and looked good. Of course I had to open her up and you are right, we were basically running neck and neck for a long ways! I was showing 71-72 mph GPS. Nice cool air but the water was FLAT. That was a lot of fun. Taking off work tomorrow and pulling my 292 out of the garage to fire-up the engines and do some maintenance. I will keep an eye out for you this year. We hail out of Lake Center Marina.
Dave
Old 04-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya I guess you're right, we were'nt really racing untill after Kinders, But I had it hammered since I left Johns to cacth up to you!!!! I saw you go by just as I was leaving the ramp and told my cousin "There's a race for us"! I think you had me by a half a mph. We'll definitly have to do that again!!!
Old 04-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Registered

Sounds good! By the way, wecome to OSO. You will find a lot of good information on here.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a bunch of friends on both sides around Bettendorf. I'd like to put in there. Where can I safely wet launch a 47 Fountain on a tandem dually trailer?
Old 04-02-2009, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pookie
I have a bunch of friends on both sides around Bettendorf. I'd like to put in there. Where can I safely wet launch a 47 Fountain on a tandem dually trailer?
wow a 47.... the biggest of our style boat around here are a few 35 fountains 38 hustler and a 42 formula. we gotta hook up dude. anyways LeClaire has always been a good ramp. and you are so long that your stern will be in the deep stuff. the parking lot is huge and if you get out on the water before 10am you will most always get a spot. are you new to the area? i have yet to see a 47 fountain in our pool. what you got in it and can i drive?

Quick Reply: Mississippi?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.