August LOTO resort recomendations >

August LOTO resort recomendations

Notices

August LOTO resort recomendations

Old 05-12-2009, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Condo's are everywhere on the lake. Most people who rent them have slips for rent as well. I rent through vrbo a couple times every summer. You can pick the size, price, and location you want. Condo complexes all have pools and most are right at the lakes edge. There are many nice complexes in great locations by land and water. If you're going for the Shootout, I would look for a location between the 19mm and 26mm of the main channel in Osage Beach. That will put right in the middle of the action and about 10-15 miles by water from the Shootout.
The best ramp is Public Beach #2. It is about 3 miles down the Grand Glaize arm from the 19mm.
I also have a timeshare that I trade to stay at LOTO for my long vacations, but when I go for just a long weekend, I rent a condo for 3-4 nights. I've been going to LOTO consistently 3-6 times per year and have never stayed at any of the "resorts"
Condo rentals are a much better value.
Thanks for the info!
Old 05-12-2009, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have done condos and tan-tara and it depends on what you like. My wife likes tan-tara because of the shops, and restraunts on site. My son loves the indoor water park and putt putt. I like the golf courses and the pool that over looks the main water way. Since tan-tara has there own ramp. I never leave to go anywhere that is not by boat.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The bad thing about the a condo is you may not have trailer parking there. I do prefer a condo, but I think Tan-Tara is a better deal for the family & for 1st timers.
Pulling a boat around there can be tricky sometimes. Lots of narrow, twisty, streets that often dead-end. Probably not a issue if you don't get lost easily, but I'm the kind of guy that gets lost in a paper bag.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

You can leave your trailer at PB #2 for up to 48hrs for free and for longer periods of time, its $5 a day.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
The bad thing about the a condo is you may not have trailer parking there. I do prefer a condo, but I think Tan-Tara is a better deal for the family & for 1st timers.
Pulling a boat around there can be tricky sometimes. Lots of narrow, twisty, streets that often dead-end. Probably not a issue if you don't get lost easily, but I'm the kind of guy that gets lost in a paper bag.
That is the one thing I have to remember, If I don't have a launch close to where I am staying who is going to drive the truck when I am in the boat or vice versa..... My fiance is a great help around the dock but doesn't like to drive a truck with a trailer and is not comforatable driving the boat in new areas.

Oh that brings up a question. On the main lake is it fairly deep or do I have to keep an eye out for shallow areas?
Old 05-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can leave your trailer at PB #2 for up to 48hrs for free and for longer periods of time, its $5 a day.
If you are bringing children, Tan-Tara is a good choice. It is usually a hike to and from the room and boat but some don't mind that. If you are not bringing children and it is a couples type weekend to enjoy the shootout and other festivities, stay closer to the 18-24 mm and be close to the nightlife such as dog days, topsiders, bjacks, gators, Horny T, etc. A good choice that has always been nice is Lazy Days near the Party Cove which has their own rental company or even the Ledges. Lots of choices and only a 10-15 mile run to the Shootout. Good luck, it is an awesome time.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by hammer01
If you are bringing children, Tan-Tara is a good choice. It is usually a hike to and from the room and boat but some don't mind that. If you are not bringing children and it is a couples type weekend to enjoy the shootout and other festivities, stay closer to the 18-24 mm and be close to the nightlife such as dog days, topsiders, bjacks, gators, Horny T, etc. A good choice that has always been nice is Lazy Days near the Party Cove which has their own rental company or even the Ledges. Lots of choices and only a 10-15 mile run to the Shootout. Good luck, it is an awesome time.
Nope no kids for US! We might have another couple come with us but that would be it.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

do u just pay someone there on site or do i need to reserve? we are staying at the ledges thur-sun for the poker run so i was gonna keep my trailer at pb2.

jason u still planning on staying w/ us? if not tell me so i can stop looking for a slip.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Maritime_Eng
Oh that brings up a question. On the main lake is it fairly deep or do I have to keep an eye out for shallow areas?
deep, no worries. just keep eyes open for the occasional debris, or wave runner.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 596 Likes on 275 Posts

Or 3ft Cruizer wakes!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.