Shootout Noise Info

Notices

Shootout Noise Info

Old 07-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shootout Noise Info

I was asked to post this by a friend that's involved with the Shootout.

---------------------------------------------------------

We just made great stride with the Missouri State Water Patrol and the local Noise Ordinance at LOTO in 09

Historically, they have given tickets to boaters around the Shootout weekend at LOTO

I am in charge of Racers Communications for the shootout, and we just closed negotiations with the water patrol,,,, And all BOATS REGISTERED FOR THE LOTO SHOOTOUT, BEFORE WEDNESDAY AUGUST 26TH

Will be exempt from the noise issues for Thursday, Friday , Saturday and Sunday at LOTO

On thursday morning, a list of all registered boats will be given to the Water Patrol Captain.

So we encourage all boaters to pre register there boat for the shootout( .....on line), this was a very positive cooperation with the Missouri Water Patrol
Old 07-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the noise level ordinance in it's detail. A link would work just fine.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:47 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Sign Up Or We'll Write You Up!!!

Not trying to be negative, because this sounds like a positive development. But it just feels like cops being jerks to me.

I wonder why the water patrol has to act in such a manner to begin with considering how much $$$ this event must bring into the area. It's not like the local residents- police, water patrol, EVERYBODY... don't know what's happening that weekend. Seems stupid to me.

Sorry if this post offends anyone.
I would welcome enlightenment from a different point of view.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 07-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ROTAX454
What is the noise level ordinance in it's detail. A link would work just fine.
your boat can be checked in two ways.first is at idle with meter within 3 feet of transom and limit of 90 db,second is 50 feet distance with the level dropping to 86db.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jayboat
Not trying to be negative, because this sounds like a positive development. But it just feels like cops being jerks to me.

I wonder why the water patrol has to act in such a manner to begin with considering how much $$$ this event must bring into the area. It's not like the local residents- police, water patrol, EVERYBODY... don't know what's happening that weekend. Seems stupid to me.

Sorry if this post offends anyone.
I would welcome enlightenment from a different point of view.

Actually this is a very positive signal...The WP have always maintained that the single largest complaint they get is from noise...

Whether it's true or not is another story, typically it's the same people calling over and over every weekend...As I'm sure with other venues some people could care less about anything other than themselves and complain just for the sake of complaining...

They have historically allowed un-muffled boats for the shoot-out itself but were getting picky if the boats were found at the lakeside restaurants and bars or running elsewhere on the lake...

I'm wondering if they will allow this for the Poker Run if your pre-registered for the Shoot-out...I guess it could be considered a testing session....LOL....It would be pretty cool to hear the motors scream again for that run as well....
Old 07-12-2009, 08:42 PM
Registered

fountian4play

Did you get pulled over last year on the Big Niangua ?
If it was you It was by my house looked like your Cat?

Thumper
Old 07-13-2009, 12:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by thumper038
fountian4play

Did you get pulled over last year on the Big Niangua ?
If it was you It was by my house looked like your Cat?

Thumper
No I wish I had it in the water last year...I got my ticket in 2007 near Shorty Pant's....now it's nice and quiet, you can really hear the supercharges whine....

Jim
Old 07-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountain4play
Actually this is a very positive signal...The WP have always maintained that the single largest complaint they get is from noise...

Whether it's true or not is another story, typically it's the same people calling over and over every weekend...As I'm sure with other venues some people could care less about anything other than themselves and complain just for the sake of complaining...

They have historically allowed un-muffled boats for the shoot-out itself but were getting picky if the boats were found at the lakeside restaurants and bars or running elsewhere on the lake...

I'm wondering if they will allow this for the Poker Run if your pre-registered for the Shoot-out...I guess it could be considered a testing session....LOL....It would be pretty cool to hear the motors scream again for that run as well....
The "Noise Ban" restriction will be for the course area only(as specified by WP) however, I am sure everyone has to put in somewhere and some will be driving right off their lifts so I would say they will be LAX on noise all week, or at least from Thursday forward.

Matt
Old 08-21-2009, 05:51 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fountain 4play what did you do to quiet your boat down and did it kill the power and any pic's
Don
Old 09-23-2009, 06:20 PM
Registered

I ran across a boater at Bulldogs on sunday that came up from Oklahoma to run his boat because they lifted the noise ban for the weekend. I think it was a great decision from the Water Patrol. In defense of the noise ban for the rest of the season....we all live near the water at Lake of The Ozarks, not like some lakes where you can't put your house close to the water. MO terrain makes the noise worse as in many locations it bounces off the hillsides and if you have your windows open in the house, it sounds like the boat is coming for a visit to your living room. Don't get me wrong, I like hearing the rumbling to a point. Be safe!