condos forsale

Notices

condos forsale

Old 11-16-2010, 01:34 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Caluw1
I've been looking pretty hard this past month at picking up a condo. Tons of things on the market right now and everything is either coming down, or the owners just don't want to carry them through another "unoccupied" winter. I'm putting my list together for a trip in about a month. One area that I was looking at was across from the state park...yep, I know it seems quite off the beaten path, but it sure is nice and quiet back there and there isn't much development either. Be that as it may, has/will the new bypass decrease the travel time to that area? Also, any thoughts on the Park Place Complex down the Grand Glaize???
One bad thing is other than going further back on the GG arm you can't go anywhere on the weekends without going through the no-wake during most of the boating season, that would drive me crazy.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:15 PM
Registered

Ha...that's what I'm looking for...totally forgot about the no-wake...that could be a detriment for sure...not to mention having to deal with the gauntlet of WP every time as well. Anyone in the Four Seasons area...not looking to hijack this thread...any condo info is good info...if someone likes or doesn't like a particular area, thanks for mentioning it, but please say why...again, thanks.

I dug a little deeper in the Wheel House Condo's...although not a bad place, they are a bit older. They also haven't had an assessment update in some time and there's talk of having a good jump because of the age and condition of the complex. I chose to stay away.

Last edited by Caluw1; 11-16-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd check out Lands End if I was looking. They are nice units, close to the by-pass and end of no wake zone. Stone Ledge also has nice units if you don't plan on renting yours out at all.

Don't rule out the State Park, we use the ramp at PB2 all summer and the coves in that area are awesome. You don't have to go to party cove, we only went a few times this year. Plenty of other coves to hang out in around that area.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

X2 On Lands' End. I have a place there. Love it! Can't beat the location, good resale. There are several units for sale right now. My two bedroom/bath is for sale. Looking to go to a three bedroom. Let me know if your interested.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:55 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

There's also Bay Point Village which are nice and you can get a two bedroom at a good price and they're located in a great place at the 24.5MM right across the channel from Paradise.

Believe me having anything on the other side of the no-wake is no good, you don't want to go throught that No-wake all the time with the WP everywhere, that's silly.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Caluw1
I've been looking pretty hard this past month at picking up a condo. Tons of things on the market right now and everything is either coming down, or the owners just don't want to carry them through another "unoccupied" winter. I'm putting my list together for a trip in about a month. One area that I was looking at was across from the state park...yep, I know it seems quite off the beaten path, but it sure is nice and quiet back there and there isn't much development either. Be that as it may, has/will the new bypass decrease the travel time to that area? Also, any thoughts on the Park Place Complex down the Grand Glaize???
New bypass will help minimally. It will get you to Rt 42 faster, but those units are a ways out Rt 42.

For those that haven't been down lately, the new bypass is open from business 54 (Bagnall Dam) to the Grand Glaize bridge. Now my wife can get from HH to the mall in half the time, so she's happy.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:45 AM
Registered

I was up camping with Ray during the Fall Harbor Hop at the State Park. Naturally the No-wake was no longer in effect...so it was easy to forget about it. Like I said, been doing my homework for about a couple months now...the following were considerations to view on my next visit...
Hawk Harbor
Greenleaf
Knolls
Tara
Eagle Bay
Indian Point
Park Place
I've been getting info from a couple of agents, but I haven't committed to one yet...initially it seems the listings they sent revolved around "their" inventory. I'll tap them for info on Lands End & Stone Ledge. I'm trying to stay under a $100K for this investment since it will only be a part time thing for now. Don't know about renting it out...not sure if I'll be into that, so high rental/transient type complexes might not fit the bill.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 325 Likes on 126 Posts

Which ever condo you look at and are considering, rule number 1: Look into the home owners association before you make any final decisions. Not just the cost, but get copies of the last couple of years budgets and meating notes. There is not always costs that are currently pending, but may have been discussed and will be in the future. This can also go both ways, changes they make this year, could actually save money in future?

Also "Reserves" are VERY inportant along with rental percentages for getting financing these days. Many projects have a prefered lender due to them having financed the project originally, but they may be just keeping them in house and if you want to refinance later... It could be a problem with regular loan companies.

All the above can be worked around, you just need to be knowledgable going into the purchase.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

You are finding 2bds with a slip at all of those complexes for under 100K? If so, I need to start shopping. If you are overlooking the slip you need to reconsider and get a condo with the largest slip possible.

As far as agents showing you their listings that is normally what you will get because they make more $ for the same amount of effort. I normally find what I want and then use the listing agent as my agent on the transaction because they have the most to gain on the transaction.

Last edited by baywatch; 11-17-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:43 AM
Registered

Brian, all good points and they're on my check off list. Baywatch, I kid you not, yes, you can find quite a bit under $100K 2 BR w/slip...it's just a matter of location, age, furnished, etc...just about all come completely furnished. There were even a few that had hoists in the slip as well. Closer to the holidays, the more they'll deal. Most that run from $100k - $120K aren't really offering much more than those floating at the $95 - $100K range...I think they're just a bit in love with their unit...or they're trying to make something back. There's a lot out there without a doubt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.