Clinton Lake Illinois

Notices

Clinton Lake Illinois

Old 11-24-2010, 08:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by gare
She has a great rib eye sandwich there tho. It's too bad a lot of places on the water don't realize how much business they lose because of bad docks. Capt'n Ron's on the Il River is another example
I was thinking the same thing about Captain Rons!!!
Old 11-26-2010, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 152 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by onestrghtridaa
Clinton lake is just a small local lake, its fun on the weekends but does not compare to LOTO at all...the lake is about 5 or 6miles long...personally I like it better than shelbyville because of the cops down there...they are sooo bad on shelbyville! Clinton lake is a power plant lake, the lake is used to cool it so at any given day in the summer parts of the lake are around 90 plus degrees, it stays pretty warm year around. Its located about 40 minutes west of champaign or about a good hour north of shelbyville. In recent years it has been much more fun then years past due to the increased boats coming up from shelbyville and other areas.
I boated alot at Shelbyville this summer (2 weekends a month at least) and rarely ever saw water patrol. It was never crowded either which was nice for some train bridge to dam WOT runs
Old 11-26-2010, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We went to shelbyville on 4th of july weekend, and we saw that water patrol at least 4 times in the two days we were sitting in party cove..pretty strict about the more then 5 boats tieing up at one time..
Old 11-29-2010, 09:42 AM
Registered

There is a lot of water partol on shelbyville, and they are strict about everything! Its too bad because that lake used to be a lot of fun but in my opnion it is not ruined!
Old 11-29-2010, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

You might see DNR on Clinton Lake once a weekend if you are lucky. They just don't have the funding to patrol more. They seem to only target big weekends (Memorial, 4th, Labor Day) now and even then they are sparse. We regularly have up to 10 or more boats rafted off on any given weekend. We have a good crew of boats though so no drama, just good times.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:18 AM
Registered

I agree, the water partrol at clinton lake is pretty easy, the only boats I ever see pulled over is little tiny boats with ten people in them and usually they were doing something dumb in the first place! I have been boating on clinton lake since I was unable to walk and I am yet to see any larger boats pulled over.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Clinton Lake is a nice place to boat for a lil while and then tie up with friends. Not much room for running around though. Great for family boating or hanging out. Just my .02s
Old 12-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Plowtownmissile
I boated alot at Shelbyville this summer (2 weekends a month at least) and rarely ever saw water patrol. It was never crowded either which was nice for some train bridge to dam WOT runs

Ditto
and your bound to see WP on the BIG weekends and alwayz somebody gettin hurt .last 2 years seems like always someone leaving in a ambulance or helicopter ..
Old 12-02-2010, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by SLOWRIDE-388
Clinton Lake is a nice place to boat for a lil while and then tie up with friends. Not much room for running around though. Great for family boating or hanging out. Just my .02s
Yeah, you would quickly run out of real estate if you wanted to wind up the OL on Clinton.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 152 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by stlliberator
We went to shelbyville on 4th of july weekend, and we saw that water patrol at least 4 times in the two days we were sitting in party cove..pretty strict about the more then 5 boats tieing up at one time..
Originally Posted by onestrghtridaa
There is a lot of water partol on shelbyville, and they are strict about everything! Its too bad because that lake used to be a lot of fun but in my opnion it is not ruined!
I've never been on Labor day, memorial day, or the 4th of july cause water patrol is bad everywhere those days. I seriously only saw water patrol 2 times all summer long. I did see a blackhawk helicopter circle us in party cove once though

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Ditto
and your bound to see WP on the BIG weekends and alwayz somebody gettin hurt .last 2 years seems like always someone leaving in a ambulance or helicopter ..
You must be the Skater that I've heard runs there sometimes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.