Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Midwest
Anyone boating on the Illinois river by Peoria or Morris? >

Anyone boating on the Illinois river by Peoria or Morris?

Notices

Old 01-27-2011, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering what kind of boating goes on near Peoria and up by Morris. Some people have told me there is a pretty good party spot up by Peoria on the river...is this true? I also was thinking about going up by Morris to check out the scene up there. If anyone boats at either of these places please let me know if its worth while.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:54 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by onestrghtridaa
I was wondering what kind of boating goes on near Peoria and up by Morris. Some people have told me there is a pretty good party spot up by Peoria on the river...is this true? I also was thinking about going up by Morris to check out the scene up there. If anyone boats at either of these places please let me know if its worth while.
3 beaches in the Morris pool but BIG beach between Seneca & Morris is a party spot & gets real good when the suns goes down
Old 01-27-2011, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

There is a spot near Eastport Marina in East Peoria where boaters beach/tie up. I believe it even has a website. Can't recall the name right off the top of my head but let me ask a buddy that frequents it and I will post again. There is another beach 10 miles North of Peoria called Bare Azz Beach that will have a bunch of boats on it if the river is at normal stage. You will also see a bunch of boats anchored and tied up just South of the 74 bridge in the No Wake in front of the Peoria riverfront area. There are docks there and you can go up to Joe's Crab Shack, Chicago Pizza, Hooters, etc.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I know that there's a East Peoria Boat Club up in that area, a friend of mine boats up there around MM 167.7 if you want their link let me know and I'll get it for you, good luck and have fun.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I run down to Peoria a few times a year. Lots of water to run. East Peoria Boat Club is very nice club and very hospitable. Contact Todd Peterson. He goes by Mack Daddy on Midwest Boat Party. com . Paradise Beach just north of Peoria gets pretty wild at times Several other places to stop heading north up to Henry Yacht Club. Bare Azz Beach as mentioned above and the beach on the south side of the Chillicothe railroad tressel. The Illinois River Basin Boating Association( approx. 25 clubs) puts out a calendar of events every year. I have the contacts for each club, but don't know if they have a web site.. Something is always going on. East Peoria Boat Club and Henry Yacht Club have Poker Runs or Fun Runs every year. Worth a trip down. I have had some great times down there. Just watch out for the flying Asian Carp.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Yup, Paradise Beach is the name I couldn't remember. I'm getting old since gee, what is the beach right next to? The Paradice Riverboat!!! They used to have a website but it is no longer active. They do have a Facebok page. Another spot to tie up (the one I frequent the most) is an old gravel pit off the West shoreline just South of the Henry bridge and marina. The entry is a bit shallow so you have to trim up and stay to the right going into the pit. Once in the water depth is about 6 foot at normal stage. Makes it nice to anchor up out of the current. If you do come over to Peoria just remember that Peoria lake is very shallow. In most spots it is only 1 1/2 - 3 foot deep so if you get outside the channel markers you are going to be stuck in a couple feet of silt.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Yup, Paradise Beach is the name I couldn't remember. I'm getting old since gee, what is the beach right next to? The Paradice Riverboat!!! They used to have a website but it is no longer active. They do have a Facebok page. Another spot to tie up (the one I frequent the most) is an old gravel pit off the West shoreline just South of the Henry bridge and marina. The entry is a bit shallow so you have to trim up and stay to the right going into the pit. Once in the water depth is about 6 foot at normal stage. Makes it nice to anchor up out of the current. If you do come over to Peoria just remember that Peoria lake is very shallow. In most spots it is only 1 1/2 - 3 foot deep so if you get outside the channel markers you are going to be stuck in a couple feet of silt.
Agreed!
Old 02-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Registered

Besides Paradice Beach at Peoria there is also the river front where there is usually some good concerts at CEFCU center stage. Usually have quite a few raft ups on the east side of the river across from DT Peoria, also.
If you go to Paradice Beach follow someone else in the first time. There is a pretty deep channel cut in there but you need to know where it is.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a copy of the 2011 Illinios River Basin Boating Association's calendar of events. I am having trouble trying to post it on here, but if anyone is interested PM me with your email address and I can send it to you. It has all the club activities and contact information.
Possibly someone else can post it on here for me. It's a PDF file?

Last edited by Revd Up; 05-01-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sandbar Sunday... where the three rivers meet ( Illinois Kankakee , Des Plains rivers) can be a real good time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.