snow and ice lake ozarks >

snow and ice lake ozarks

Notices

snow and ice lake ozarks

Old 02-02-2011, 01:05 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's me, don't own a trailer and don't want to, most people who boat mostly at LOTO or keep their boats here all the time don't have trailers and the boats do just fine on the dock lifts.

My boat has been on my lift for 8 years and it works out great.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Screw the groundhog!
Old 02-02-2011, 01:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by omerta one
Some docks are barely hanging on...

Oh, man... that would make me nervous.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 02-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Registered

If they put all the boats in storage that are at LOTO then there would be no room left in the town. It would be a town of pole barns!lol

When I lived at loto I didnt see snow. Here is something that I cant believe nobody has thought of though. Why not mount a heater or two up near the tops of the docks? I mean especiallly the resorts!? We can put fans..tvs..etc..why not a heater or thermal heat? It would only have to be used I am guessing once or twice a year at most but could save you thousands. It could easily be done.. I used to do electric there and wired up lands end and the boat docks. It wouldnt be very hard.

http://www.warmzone.com/roof-ice-dam.asp

Last edited by bobonthis; 02-02-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by JMS322
Brian, feel free to run over and check on the PP if you want.
From what I can see out the windows (our street is not plowed out yet), all the docks look fine. It appears the only areas (docks) that are having issues are in the protected coves.

The wind was blowing HARD from west to the east, so to me it appears structures in the path, kept clear.

BTW, would he happy to stop by!
Old 02-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just the opposite...I've always had a dually and my own trailer. Different strokes for different folks. My boat sits in a heated storage unit.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bobonthis
If they put all the boats in storage that are at LOTO then there would be no room left in the town. It would be a town of pole barns!lol

When I lived at loto I didnt see snow. Here is something that I cant believe nobody has thought of though. Why not mount a heater or two up near the tops of the docks? I mean especiallly the resorts!? We can put fans..tvs..etc..why not a heater or thermal heat? It would only have to be used I am guessing once or twice a year at most but could save you thousands. It could easily be done.. I used to do electric there and wired up lands end and the boat docks. It wouldnt be very hard.

http://www.warmzone.com/roof-ice-dam.asp
Question-
Why did you use a 20amp breaker to be shared by two slips. We can't raise two lifts at the same time if they are on the same circuit.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by redbud35
Question-
Why did you use a 20amp breaker to be shared by two slips. We can't raise two lifts at the same time if they are on the same circuit.
I didnt lay out the circuits..just followed what the contractor wanted. Its been so long 5 years maybe? since I did them. I thought they were all dedicated circuits? What may have happened was there are two home runs going to the same breaker? I would check that first at the panel.. I am thinking they crammed for room in those panels and were suppose to have piggyback breakers in there? Like I said its been so long..I would just make sure they dont have two circuits goign to one breaker..
Old 02-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Registered

Oh I also only did the 1st phase of the project so dont know what happened after that?
Old 02-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaholic
From what I can see out the windows (our street is not plowed out yet), all the docks look fine. It appears the only areas (docks) that are having issues are in the protected coves.

The wind was blowing HARD from west to the east, so to me it appears structures in the path, kept clear.

BTW, would he happy to stop by!
Bud has assured me that the Indian Pointe complex is in good shape. I have talked to him twice today and he says I have have nothing to worry about.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.