Table Rock Lake vacation questions

Notices

Table Rock Lake vacation questions

Old 05-30-2011, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Table Rock Lake vacation questions

Hey guys,

I am spending a week vacation on Table Rock starting June 17. I'll be on my 292 and my brother is bringing his 25' Monterey. We are staying at Vickery Resort which is in the same cove as State Park Marina.

Couple questions... I see the lake just set a record with respect to water level! It is showing 930.5' today and dropping. Will we have any problems finding a place to put our boats in? I have used the ramp at the State Park before, but don't recall the lake level at the time. What level has most things back to normal?

We plan on doing a lot of running around that week. What are your suggestions regarding restaurants, hang-outs, etc.? We both have kids from 9-13 years old. I was on Table Rock in my 292 one other time in 2007. We stayed at Vickery Resort and really liked it. Nice place.

Any other tips are appreciated. Thanks!
Dave
Old 05-30-2011, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

You could try Ahoys or What up Dock in Kimberling City. There really arent too many on water dining options. I hear Jason Smith grills up a great steak on the houseboat, give him a call.

I cant think of too many things for the kids at those ages. Seeing the Ducks or the Branson Belle doesnt excite them. We normally just hit a cove for the afternoon.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We do grill some mean steaks on Y-Knot. 915-916 is "normal" for summertime lake levels.
For eating on the water, it's hard to beat breakfast brunch at Big Cedar Resort. Campbell Point usually has a small live band on Friday or Saturday nights, Kimberling City has a new floating restaurant at the marina, Big M has GOOD hamburgers.
Don't plan on staying past 10 at Campbell Point. They are in a State Park and have "quiet hours" they have to abide by.
I would defiantly call before heading anywhere as the water levels could have places like Big M and Campbell Point closed or limited to what is happening.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Registered

You can check lake levels here:
http://www.swl-wc.usace.army.mil/WCD...ta/Tabrock.htm
Old 06-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Registered

Hangout spots are generally on the water in coves. We enjoy the cove at Marker 21 between Shell Knob and Campbell Point. Others really enjoy Cow Creek.
The cliffs/swings are cool too.
Everything will be different because of the high water levels. Places like the swings may not be useable because the swing will be at water level. Cliff umping by 25 will be pretty boring because the water will be at the level of the cliffs.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We really enjoy Rock Lane. They have a Tiki bar next to a pool and small playground to keep the kids AND adults occupied. Haven't been there yet this year.

Coyote's at the Port of Kimberling (used to be Big Buoy's) is a great place now. I'll be going there a lot this summer.

Tried Ahoy's last weekend, they won't be getting my business again this year. Food was marginal and - get this - the girls had to have more than a bikini top , a t-shirt or cover up. I mean come on....

Bearded Clam is good.

Cape Fair Marina has a floating resturant that's pretty popular and good.

Hard to beat the Port Grill at Campbell Point.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know for sure that State Park's ramp is open.

Also, I am pretty sure that weekend of June 17 is the same weekend of the national Crowndezvous at TRL so don't be suprized to see a bunch of Crownlines.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:33 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 597 Likes on 275 Posts

What always got me was the raft up in the middle of the lake at the cliffs. Cluster at best with waves rolling in.

With all the nice coves you would think the party could move into one.
Have not been in a few yrs tho. Always good to go for a Dive!
Old 06-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Quinlan
What always got me was the raft up in the middle of the lake at the cliffs. Cluster at best with waves rolling in.

With all the nice coves you would think the party could move into one.
Have not been in a few yrs tho. Always good to go for a Dive!
21 is really where it is at. Back of a cove, minimal traffic, zero waves from the main water. The POPO has pretty much taken all the fun out of that place, like they have PC at LOTO.
Bring the gun over sometime. We'll put ya up if you can put up with us.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trl

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
Hey guys,

I am spending a week vacation on Table Rock starting June 17. I'll be on my 292 and my brother is bringing his 25' Monterey. We are staying at Vickery Resort which is in the same cove as State Park Marina.

Couple questions... I see the lake just set a record with respect to water level! It is showing 930.5' today and dropping. Will we have any problems finding a place to put our boats in? I have used the ramp at the State Park before, but don't recall the lake level at the time. What level has most things back to normal?

We plan on doing a lot of running around that week. What are your suggestions regarding restaurants, hang-outs, etc.? We both have kids from 9-13 years old. I was on Table Rock in my 292 one other time in 2007. We stayed at Vickery Resort and really liked it. Nice place.

Any other tips are appreciated. Thanks!
Dave

Was there last weekend. Went to Ahoy's, Saturday and Bearded Clam, Sunday. You can get under the bridge without a problem as of last weekend. If you are looking for a fun place to hang out on the boat during the day, we usually head to Cow Creek.

Last edited by MizzouMatt; 06-01-2011 at 10:11 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.