Buyer Beware! >

Buyer Beware!

Notices

Buyer Beware!

Old 05-30-2011, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Buyer Beware!

I purchased a lift from Econolift in March of this year. To start they did not install it when they said they would. My boat sat in the lake until they arrived. Then the lift was not fitted right for a twin step hull. They new what make and model of boat we had before the install. Once they new about the steps it took them weeks to fix that problem. I have had the boat on the lift for about a month now it the rough water kit was never installed. I called Steve and everytime he says we will be out this week and get it taken care of. My boat is getting the crap beat out of it because it moves side to side so bad, not to mention my slip. Steve now tells me that the lift is wrong and they have to pull it out and install longer arms for the kit. I was told 3 times this week I would get taken care of. As of today still no sign of Econolift and I got a call from my neighbor saying my lift is making a loud poping sound and my drives are almost hitting the dock. I made it very clear this had to be fixed before the holiday weekend and was told it would be. Our boat is a 382 Fastech and is going to cost Econolift a fortune if the lift breaks and damages our boat. I am calling my lawyer on Tuesday and requesting the lift be removed and a full refund of our money.
If anyone is in the market for a lift I strongly suggest you don't buy from Econolift.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:16 PM
Registered

Very sorry to hear that information. We have purchased three lifts from Dave at Summerset boat lifts (not sure on spelling) which is located close to dog days. This lift business and Dave was absolutely great, product and service both. Best of luck.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:23 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would put the name in your thread title so when someone does a google search this thread will show up.

Goodluck

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

I hear you about being upset, you told them what boat, they hosed there end of the deal, but if your boat gets tore up because you made the conscious and deliberate decision to leave it on a lift that you knew was wrong for the boat and failing...who's fault is that???
Old 05-31-2011, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 754 Likes on 406 Posts

Call Gino at Summerset and get a Galva Lift. http://www.summersetboatlifts.com/
Old 05-31-2011, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

It is pretty well known down here that econolifts are junk. Either Galva or poly are the best lifts. Galva and Summerset are by far the best service. Call Gino at Summerset.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:40 PM
Registered

Well they finally fixed my lift on Thursday. I have to say the new lift is amazing. The dock on the other hand looks rough. They did say they will be back on Monday to fix that. If they do, all is good.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Registered

I am glad Steve came thru for you. I have bought 4 lifts from him since 1993. 4500,6500,10,000 and 14,000. He always did good for me. I gave one lift to my sister and he still stood behind the warranty on a 8 year old lift.I have 353 Formula and it stays high and dry.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:13 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I have a 10k# and a 4500# lift. Both I bought used and work very well. Tom Blake with Blakes econo lift in Lampe Mo did both installs. He's a first class act that does what he says and on time. Not sure if he goes that far or not. Glad you got your problem resolved.