Hazards @ LOTO >

Hazards @ LOTO

Notices

Hazards @ LOTO

Old 08-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hazards @ LOTO

Are there any maps available online or when i get to LOTO for rock bars hazards or general crap to watchout for @ LOTO? Thanx in advance
Old 08-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

Basically, unless you run into one of the shore walls, you are good anywhere... Deep water, And easily navigatable channels are what LOTO is known for.

If you call the Chamber or visitors bureau ahead of time, they will send you a packet with the "good map:. I think the package is 5-6 dollars?

Additionally, the "promo" map can be picked up just about everywhere. There is also visitor, restaurant and realestate guides.

Last edited by bajaholic; 08-08-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Registered

The promo map is all you will need. It is a very open body of water. Even in the coves I have never seen or heard of any hazards. The first time I went to LOTO I found a map, then I think I only used it once. There are some maps around that have advertising that show where the major stopping places are at, but the best map was doing some poker runs and finding the card stops.
Where are you staying at? We stay at Tan-tar-a, as they have a special rate ($75) for the shootout, but there are a lot of places.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Registered

I have no idea where we are staying. A frient Kent (Last name???) with a 38 eagle with procharged 525's is setting it up. I have a realitively shallow freeboard( I am kinda worried about big waves). Also how are the noise police. I have gills with thru hull and downturns and i was going to throw some shotgunns in the tails and then throw the downturns back on.

I am used to baoting in WI which is all flowages and flooded resiviours. Lots of stumps and trees and old grain silo's that are submerged. I personaly have never taken out a lower but i have a spare.

"28 Eliminator " email me your cell and i will email you mine. I am hoping to be down there all week. but i do not have excess funds, Kinda boating on a budget cuz of unemployment. [email protected]
Old 08-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Registered

The only thing to watch for is water patrol
I was there last weekend watching them at captain ron's
Old 08-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I've been boating on LOTO for over 30 years and have seen only one permanent obstruction, if you ever go to Ha Ha Tonka state park about one mile past the Hwy 54 bridge is a big log in the middle of the channel sticking out about a foot out of the water and it's very difficult to see (it isn't marked), just stay away 20 feet or so and you'll be fine.
In the Spring during the rainy season, sometimes there might be a few under water logs, but that's it, unless you just run up on shore or hit a seawall you'll be fine.

And yes, watch out for the WP, have a DD, but have fun.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by 314joey
I've been boating on LOTO for over 30 years and have seen only one permanent obstruction, if you ever go to Ha Ha Tonka state park about one mile past the Hwy 54 bridge is a big log in the middle of the channel sticking out about a foot out of the water and it's very difficult to see (it isn't marked), just stay away 20 feet or so and you'll be fine.
In the Spring during the rainy season, sometimes there might be a few under water logs, but that's it, unless you just run up on shore or hit a seawall you'll be fine.

And yes, watch out for the WP, have a DD, but have fun.
We ran past that log again in July and every year I wonder why it is not removed.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:53 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
We ran past that log again in July and every year I wonder why it is not removed.
That darn thing has been there for 40 years and we can't understand why they (WP, Ameren U.E., COE) haven't removed it or put a solar flashing yellow light on it or something, it's friggin' dangerous, especially at night, you can't see crap at night.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:57 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I've been in that area several times but never saw the log. Must be old age since I can't see crap during the day let alone the night. LOL

I'll be on the look out for it next time though.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:54 AM
Registered

wow that's good to know. I don't think I have ever been past the bridge, just stop and swim. Glad you brought it up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.