Ramps and Misc. questions

Notices

Ramps and Misc. questions

Old 08-24-2011, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ramps and Misc. questions

Hello,

So I'm headed to LOTO on Friday, and staying in the Four Seasons area between mm 3 and 4. I tried searching for ramp info on the web and also using the search function in the forums which isnt working for some reason. It seems like there is a public ramp close to Bagnell Dam? Is it decent, anybody use it? Im open to any advice you can give. It would be nice if I could leave the truck and trailer wherever I launch at and would be willing to pay a small fee to do so. Also what time do people start rafting up for the shootout on Saturday? Is everyone friendly, can you just float up to the crowd and tie off? This is my first shootout, and second trip to the lake in general so any advice is appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Old 08-24-2011, 03:28 PM
Registered

If I am correct, four seasons is more like the 13-14 MM of the lake. My recommendation is to put your boat in at public beach #2 in the state park. Large, easy ramp, take hwy 54 all the way there. You can leave a truck/trailer there overnight. Once you launch, you will be in the grand glaize arm of the lake. Go under grand glaize bridge heading N, hang a right up the main channel and Four Seasons Resort will be say 2 miles on your right along main channel (N) once you go under toll bridge. Others may have different opinions but the marina, public beach ramp #2 is an easy in and out ramp location. I just launched a 38 top gun & loaded a 36 Envision last week, easily. Good luck & enjoy the lake!!!

http://foreverlocations.com/lodging.cfm?PropertyKey=158
Old 08-24-2011, 03:31 PM
Registered

Most are friendly and inviting, might not be tying up to the $1MM boats but usually the raft up lines get fairly large. Bring plenty of quality fenders to protect your boat and others & plenty of anchor line. If you want a nice front row seat get there earlier than 10-11.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Irish
Hello,

So I'm headed to LOTO on Friday, and staying in the Four Seasons area between mm 3 and 4. I tried searching for ramp info on the web and also using the search function in the forums which isnt working for some reason. It seems like there is a public ramp close to Bagnell Dam? Is it decent, anybody use it? Im open to any advice you can give. It would be nice if I could leave the truck and trailer wherever I launch at and would be willing to pay a small fee to do so. Also what time do people start rafting up for the shootout on Saturday? Is everyone friendly, can you just float up to the crowd and tie off? This is my first shootout, and second trip to the lake in general so any advice is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

If your staying at the Four Seasons resort, they have a boat ramp, trailer storage onsite.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:48 PM
Registered

Ok I guess I was wrong about the location. The property says its on horshoe bend, the description says between mm 3 & 4. The last time I was down there I did put in at the state park like you suggested, and I dont have any problem doing it again I was just wondering if there could be something closer to where we are staying. Thanks for all the info, looks like I'll be up early on Saturday to try to get a decent spot.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Registered

Good luck & have fun! Call up four seasons resort and ask them to double check. As mentioned, they may have something onsite. Otherwise, I'd use state park.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:03 AM
Registered

I have a condo at waters edge an a timeshear at tree tops in four seasons. Location is 13 to 14 an it would be best to put in at four seasons at there marina. Cost like 5 to 10 bucks but cheeper then the boat ride as well as right there an there is trailer parking