Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Midwest
Poker runs in IL ??? >

Poker runs in IL ???

Notices

Poker runs in IL ???

Old 04-26-2012, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fire.... thanks for the compliment. I will definitly be at Shelbyville this year. If you see me come tie up and hang out for the day. Always look foward to meeting new people.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by 253
Thanks for the info, we will be there ,looking to try some new water, a good friend wants to bring his Fountain also if there is room for a few more.
Thanks
The more the merrier.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Crap...I'm out of town that weekend or I'd come play.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
For those interested, the guy organizing the run just sent me this text this morning:

"Mark your calendars for Saturday May 19 for the annual Clinton Lake Fun/Poker Run. $20 per hand, leave the dock at 11. Spread the word."

I will still be in Clearwater Beach on the 19th but anyone here that plans to attend please let me know so I can let Boody (the organizer) know what boats to look/wait for outside the marina breakwater at 11:00 A.M. Look for Boody in a red/yellow/black 33 Outlaw.
any phone #s for hotel, marina ?
thanks
Old 04-26-2012, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

We've had as few as 6 boats (last year) and as many as 12 or so. We've had offshores, runabouts, and even jet skis participating. Remember, this is a small lake (4,900 acres) with no real places to stop at for cards so we make up our own stopping points. We used to stop at Boondock's at Mascoutin (small shack that sells food/drinks..no booze) but there is so little space at the courtsey dock we decided not to stop there anymore. I beleive they will probably setup 3 stops to draw the 5 cards. Afterwards it is strongly encouraged that the winners (for high and low hand) buy a round of drinks at the Galley at the Marina! Here is a link the Marina's website for those not familiar with the lake.

http://clintonlakemarina.com/index.html
Old 04-26-2012, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

I'm out for the Clinton Lake run. I have to work.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:22 PM
Registered

Here are a few that I know of around the area..but I don't know if they still have them.

Yachts to Sea out of Nashville did host a poker run on the Kaskaskia River in June.

Early June will be the Kentucky Lake Fun Run.

The boat club I am a member of is talking about doing a Poker Run on the Ohio river. Will take place between MT. Vernon, IN and Evansville, IN/Henderson, KY.

3rd weekend of September is the Golconda Shrimp Festival. A bunch of boats will run from Evansville/Henderson/MTV and make the 75-100 mi(depends on where you launch) run to Golconda and stay overnight and then run back on Sunday. That is one you can't miss. Lots of fun.

Maybe I will see some of you guys around this summer. Finally getting back into a boat after 3 yrs off. I run the Ohio River from Mt. Vernon to Evansville. Rend Lake is a hour away, and some family has a place on KY Lake.

Matt
Old 04-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did the Henry (IL) Yacht Club poker run with a few buds last year. We had a blast. I haven't heard if a date's been set for this year yet...but here is the thread from last year.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/m...un-8-20-a.html
Old 04-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by slorider
Fire.... thanks for the compliment. I will definitly be at Shelbyville this year. If you see me come tie up and hang out for the day. Always look foward to meeting new people.
You got it. We havent made any plans yet, but I am sure we will get up there at least once this year.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Registered

Quad cities will have a fun run July 13 & 14, instead of a poker run. still expect a big turnout.
hopefully I'll have a boat by then..

looks like a new Nordic owner will be boat'n at Clinton, I'll pass along the poker run info...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.