LOTO for the first time

Notices

LOTO for the first time

Old 06-29-2012, 12:16 AM
tzw
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOTO for the first time

We are heading down the 4th and staying till the 13th. This is my first time down there, I've been doing some research but what are the lastest do's and dont's?

what bars do we need to stop at?

what other coves are there if I don't feel like putting up with some of the shenanigans in party cove.

any tips on fishing down there? any species, as its going to be hot i'll take what i can get.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Biggest dont's:

- Drink and drive your boat (MSWP will be thick and possible checkpoints)
- Drink and drive on land (road blocks)
- Not sure what boat you have since you mentioned fishing but do not allow passengers to ride on
sunpad at any speed
- Obey all No Wake areas

Do's will depend on what MM on what arm you are staying at.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:44 AM
Registered

Yep on all above
Might not be the best time to fish unless you are fishing from dock,should be a busy week I am leaving today staying at the ledge's 19mm
Old 06-29-2012, 09:51 AM
Registered

Thumbs up to the Don'ts listed above. Be sure to not drink while you are driving the limit is .08 and they will enforce it. Any of the bars are good to go to they are all great. Also if you want to fish or cove out go to another cove down in the state park by party cove they are all nice and some dont hardly have anyone in them even during the 4th. Depending on the size of boat you have will determine how much fun you have in my experiences down there. With a smaller boat you will get tossed around so just know that its going to happen. But other than that hope you enjoy the lake its one of the best man made lakes in the country in my opinion.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lake has walleye (hardly anyone fishes them), bass, Crappie, pan fish and several species of Cats. The guys fishing in my cove are catching very little due to the heat. Son and I fished off the dock a week ago and caught zip and usually we can catch at least small blue gills (son is 4) off the dock anytime we want.

Surface water temp is going to be around the mid 80s right now. As for where to go and what to do depends on where you are staying and if by water the size of boat you have. Tell us where you are staying and someone will be along with a list of locations.

Oh and a +1 on the advice given above. WP has a ZERO tollerence for BUI and riding on the sunpad is a great way to meet them!

Last edited by Von Bongo; 06-29-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:58 PM
tzw
Registered

definately won't be drinking and driving anything. besides the law enforcement I value the lives of my passangers pretty highly and don't wana be the cause of an accidenct and also wana be clear headed enough to be able to avoid them.

Wednesday through Sunday we will be staying on the north end of the lake by the damn at MM3

Monday through Saturday we will be staying at MM7.

We are bringing our 26 ft express crusier.

feel free to say hi if you see us out.

boat&coes by tzw84, on Flickr

Our last name is Coe
Old 06-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Registered

My advice is if you want to go anywhere south of where your at on the 4th-8th is to get up fairly early (hit the water at 9) and get to wherever and stay there til late then cruise back in the evening. During the following week you will be very surprised on how quiet the lake is so you should be fine to go anywhere during your stay at MM7. Just be sure to stay out of the middle of the lake during those first 4 days there and you will have a much more enjoyable time. Party cove is great to see but personally I think the live music and bar scene is much more enjoyable. Love the lake I wouldnt think of boating on any other lake after being there for so long but I find that if you can be there during the week when its a little calmer for your first trip it makes it just that much better. Once you go your going to want a place down there and a bigger boat instantly.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by tzw
definately won't be drinking and driving anything. besides the law enforcement I value the lives of my passangers pretty highly and don't wana be the cause of an accidenct and also wana be clear headed enough to be able to avoid them.

Wednesday through Sunday we will be staying on the north end of the lake by the damn at MM3

Monday through Saturday we will be staying at MM7.

We are bringing our 26 ft express crusier.

feel free to say hi if you see us out.

boat&coes by tzw84, on Flickr

Our last name is Coe
You wouldn't happen to be staying at Point Randall the first part of the trip would you?
Old 06-29-2012, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE= Once you go your going to want a place down there and a bigger boat instantly.[/QUOTE]

thats the dead honest truth!!
Old 06-29-2012, 07:47 PM
Registered

You're going to heave on earth, enjoy the lake and all it has to offer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.