Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Midwest
Clinton lake poker run ??? >

Clinton lake poker run ???

Notices

Clinton lake poker run ???

Old 02-15-2017, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got ya I live around springfeild il never been on Clinton lake always wanted to come over and check it out any place to eat on water?
Old 02-15-2017, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by whalen17
Got ya I live around springfeild il never been on Clinton lake always wanted to come over and check it out any place to eat on water?
Yes, there is a place called Boondocks that is located in the State Park (Mascoutin) by the boat ramp. It has its own dock with a couple of slips or you can use the small drop-off dock nearby. I would not tie up to the loading/unloading dock for the ramp and go eat unless it is thru the week and not much ramp activity. Mascoutin can be a cluster to launch at so I recommend launching at the marina. It is a 5-wide ramp that is protected and has drop off docks on either side. $5 to launch but there is plenty of trailer parking whereas Mascoutin can fill up quick on busy weekends. Coming from Springfield you can just run straight over on 54 and then split off onto 10 as you are exiting town to the East and that will take you towards the marina ramp. The turn towards the marina is located right next to the big red storage buildings to your right once you go past the lake.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 186 Likes on 96 Posts

We would participate if a run were to be organized this year. I remember the run being conjured up on Dock 3 about a decade ago after several beers. We participated in the first few runs (2007-2008?) and then sold our boat. Clinton Lake is a neat lake. As Beadman mentioned above it's only a 4900 acre lake. The water is a tad dirty and warm (nuclear power plant reservoir) however it's a potpourri of cool boats. On any given weekend you'll see everything from beautiful sport cruisers, Carver, Cobalt, Rinker, Baja, an assortment of houseboats, performance boats all over the spectrum from vintage jet boats, a few V-drives, even fewer small outboard cats (a few are wicked fast) and the usual suspects on Dock 3 (33 Outlaw 1300HP-Booty, 303 SR1 1100HP-Jimbo, PQ 29-Wally, Rinker 272 Captiva-T-Dub, and a Chaparral-Beadman). I don't want to leave out the competition ski boats as we have a great Mastercraft dealer nearby in Farmer City "Liquid Edge" that continues to supply Clinton Lake with the baddest ski boats Mastercraft has to offer every year. Last but not least the lake sponsors angler competitions and sail boat racing so there is something for every type of boater. I'm all for a Clinton Lake fun run in 2017!
Old 02-16-2017, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Sounds like the perfect thing for Knot to organize this year.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

I did that in 2012 and then couldn't attend as I was in Clearwater! You know things are with the local boating group. Cat herding...