Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Midwest
Anyone Know the N.E. Cincy Area?? >

Anyone Know the N.E. Cincy Area??

Notices

Anyone Know the N.E. Cincy Area??

Old 05-29-2014, 06:28 AM
Registered

Received 1,834 Likes on 717 Posts
Default Anyone Know the N.E. Cincy Area??

Once a Buckeye, always a Buckeye??

So, 6 months into renovating our newly purchased house (barely into framing stages of new 22 x 24 detached garage) here in Vero Beach Fl, the suits show up unannounced at my wifes office (never good) and inform the team that they are closing that location.
Pretty Wifey is given the option of staying in VB and trying to make decent money (near impossible) or take a nice raise/promotion and allow them to relocate us to corporate in Cincy.
Being that she has 40 yrs invested w/the company and that we are glass 1/2 full kind of people, we are packing.

All we know so far is, north east Cincy area.
We are doing a re-con mission in a couple wks and should know more then.

The wife will be working in Blue Ash and sense we are both From Columbus originally we will be looking even more north east from Blue Ash as well to aid those regular commutes.

Best I've come up with remotely, to tell real estate people there, a 15 mile radius of Foster would put us in the right area.
We both like the feel of a small town and the solitude and privacy of an acre of land.
Either existing pole barn for me (ideally) or room to build one.
The house is her's.

Likely we will end up Lake Erie boaters in the near future again too. So farther north we go, shorter our weekend trips are

Any local knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys and Gals.
Gary
Old 06-02-2014, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blue Ash is nice, a lot of nice and really high end areas around there. Theres also slums the closer you got to cincy and the further East you go the more rural it will get. Big realestate market and you should be able to find just about whatever your looking for. And why drive all the way to Lake Erie when Cumberland is only 3 hrs away?!?!?! If you need anything let me know.
Brian
Old 06-03-2014, 02:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HHHMR
Blue Ash is nice, a lot of nice and really high end areas around there. Theres also slums the closer you got to cincy and the further East you go the more rural it will get. Big realestate market and you should be able to find just about whatever your looking for. And why drive all the way to Lake Erie when Cumberland is only 3 hrs away?!?!?! If you need anything let me know.
Brian
Thanks for the info Brian.

Just talked to a local realtor and is hooking us up for shopping when we're up in a couple weeks.

As to Erie Vs Cumberland, I like the challenge of getting there. By boat that is.
Erie gives me the feeling of accomplishment after making it through nasty water, fish nets etc and arriving to an island that you can't trailer to. Grew up boating up there w/the old man and loved it.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out Lebanon Ohio its about 30 min. to Blue Ash and about 30min. to a small lake for a quick run or testing.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tman
Check out Lebanon Ohio its about 30 min. to Blue Ash and about 30min. to a small lake for a quick run or testing.
I'm on it.

I have boated and mountain biked at Paint Creek and Rocky Fork which were both beautiful (small) inland lakes. Part I loved was no one knew (coming from Columbus) about them.
I remember mountain biking at Paint Creek (killer trail!) one time during deer hunting season. A ranger stopped/warned me about the hunters but being the stud that I am , I rode anyhow.
I remember making a turn coming out of the woods when two hunters (blocking the trail) w/shot guns asked me if I'd seen any deer.
I loaded up my bike and went back to the ciity

PS, one day a buddy and I (bored) ran one of my boats in 3 lakes in one day. Paint Creek, Rocky Fork and Deer Creek.
Because we could.