Aquapalooza Questions >

Aquapalooza Questions

Notices

Aquapalooza Questions

Old 03-24-2016, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Beachbum28
Partlower, a lot of your questions were answered here, but another site is midwestboatparty. com. Its a great site to belong to. There are a ton of good folks over there that can answer any question in great detail , if you have not been there yet. Anything that happens at the lake will be posted on that site.
Another week to consider is the Support our Troops Poker Run week. Its a great event at the end of June.

By the way, Im two towns to the west of you.
Thanks for the info and I will be sure to check out that site.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 333 Likes on 124 Posts

Party cove is a good place to drop an anchor for the night if you don't want to be around any other boats LOL!

Last edited by DRAG; 03-26-2016 at 12:51 PM.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have gone to 3 of the last 4 Aquapaloozas and it was a lot of fun. Reminds me of the good ole days at party cove but without the bare skin. I agree that it is frustrating that you can't hear the music because some of the dumb ****z blasting their own music but most people don't go for the music. If you want to hear the music, It is a lot of fun to swim up toward the stage and look at the scenery as you listen to the music.
I agree that is can get a bit sketchy toward the end of the day when people leave, especially if there is any wind. Just like anything, it is what you make it and can be a lot of fun. If you do not know many people at the lake, this could be a good weekend for the party.
Old 07-07-2016, 05:08 PM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
I always thought the economy going to chit was a bigger factor than the water patrol. For years it was packed with the water patrol there. When gas got to $4-5 a gallon everyone started to find smaller local coves to hang out at. Nice part about those cove outs is the group is more consistent and lots of folks know each other. Plus many long term party cove goers just got tired of it. Plus as you said, the houseboats are gone. I know our cove at the 4MM is packed on weekends, especially the event weekends.

I know the WP was a constant presence at the mouth of party cove, especially mid to late afternoon. But I also have to admit there were a LOT of boat drivers leaving the cove over the years that had no business behind the wheel of anything with an engine.
I agree fuel prices, no house boats, pictures being posted on the web and long no wake area. Went through there a couple of years ago and was nothing but rental boats. I don't think the water patrol even bothers to go there much.
Old 07-07-2016, 05:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

So what is the best place to find a large amount of people? I tow 7 hrs to come to the shootout, and we really enjoy that. This year several friends are towing also. We usually end up at Dog Days one night....and some other place another night.

We are there for several days and I don't spend all those days running up and down the lake jumping waves. We like to park and drink a few and relax during the day. Best place to do that?
Old 07-08-2016, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DRAG
So what is the best place to find a large amount of people? I tow 7 hrs to come to the shootout, and we really enjoy that. This year several friends are towing also. We usually end up at Dog Days one night....and some other place another night.

We are there for several days and I don't spend all those days running up and down the lake jumping waves. We like to park and drink a few and relax during the day. Best place to do that?
There are many good coves where people 'cove out' but depends on where you are or want to go. The ones that we enjoy are the cove behind Fish & Co (1 mile off of MM1 in Lynn Creek cove), Evergreen Cove (18mm on Shawnee bend side), Golf course cove ( 14mm by the bridge and golf course on Shawnee side of lake), Camp cove (1mm of the Gravois), and the best is if you want a destination is the Cold Springs cove (15mm of the big Niangua under the HaHaTonka castle bluff). It is a long way down there but an enjoyable cruise because there is less traffic and less choppy. If you have not been down to the cold springs I would encourage you to go. There is no where else on the lake where you can swim up to water and be in 85degree water on one side of your body and 55degree water on the other. Also that part of the lake is different and pretty because it is narrower and the hills seem taller giving it a canyon feel in places especially around Bridal cave area.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

There is not a lot of coving out being done during the week, it is mostly on weekends. I agree with Highmark, a trip down to HAHATonka should be on your bucket list. Well worth it. And if you feel energenic that day take a walk up to the castle. Lots of steps though. Another cove location that has lots of people on the weekend is the 4MM cove. It comes in about a mile to The Cove golf course area, which is called witches cove.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Last year we ended up at Fish and Co for dinner after the race Saturday evening. We may stick around there Saturday night. I don't mind running some distance to get somewhere so we may check out the HaHaTonka one of the days.
Old 07-08-2016, 02:26 PM
Registered

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Last year we ended up at Fish and Co for dinner after the race Saturday evening. We may stick around there Saturday night. I don't mind running some distance to get somewhere so we may check out the HaHaTonka one of the days.
The ride from Fish & Co to HaHaTonka is one of the best stretches of water on the lake...very scenic. When you enter HaHa on the left swing wide entering the cove. It is shallow on the left side as you turn left into the cove.
Old 07-08-2016, 02:28 PM
Registered

And don't go past HaHa cove. You will find yourself in rocky river bed just past the HaHa cove.