Skater or MTI Cat ride better on LOTO water >

Skater or MTI Cat ride better on LOTO water

Notices

Skater or MTI Cat ride better on LOTO water

Old 04-09-2020, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Skater or MTI Cat ride better on LOTO water

I have been lurking around wanting a cat for years. I own a house at LOTO. I am wondering from people who really know, which of these two boats are best suited for LOTO. I have heard from each side on the topic but have not heard from anyone that has really either had each boat or rode in each boat. I am leaning towards the Skater due to the fact I found right length with right power. But I want a boat to handle the water that LOTO throws at a boat. Please let me know your thoughts and what experience you have to make your comment.

Thanks Mike
Old 04-09-2020, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My 5 seconds worth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpra...ature=youtu.be
Old 04-09-2020, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Well, if you found a 388 you’re golden!
Old 04-09-2020, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

This is like comparing Ford vs Chevy. Both have excellent attributes, it comes down to style and room. ALL will handle LOTO or any other water for that matter just fine if the Captain knows how to drive it.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaholic
This is like comparing Ford vs Chevy. Both have excellent attributes, it comes down to style and room. ALL will handle LOTO or any other water for that matter just fine if the Captain knows how to drive it.
Well, I have been running a Formula 382 for years, this will be my first Cat. I found a 40' classic with 1100's. The Virus has slowed progress down just long enough to make me second guess things. Hence, the reason for the post.

Mike
Old 04-09-2020, 09:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by formula 382
Well, I have been running a Formula 382 for years, this will be my first Cat. I found a 40' classic with 1100's. The Virus has slowed progress down just long enough to make me second guess things. Hence, the reason for the post.

Mike
Buy Recovery or the blue 40 classic with 1100s

same boat

I have 500 hours in one and 1 hour in the other

both phenomenal.

Im not interested in that world any more but both boats are insane.

Set up perfect and foot for foot will eat a MTIs lunch and spit it out.

Sure a 48 foot MTI will outperform a 40 Skater. But with like sized boats it’s not even worth talking about.
Old 04-09-2020, 11:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

What happened, Doc. You were so into the high performance boating? Why the sudden change?
Old 04-10-2020, 06:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 27daytona
What happened, Doc. You were so into the high performance boating? Why the sudden change?
Money and the frustration of a $2 part ruining an entire boating weekend mostly. When you turn the key and pray the boat is going to start and not nuke an engine thats going to cost thousand or tens of thousands of dollars it just becomes too much. It was an incredible run we had and I have no regrets but I'm a center console Florida Keys boater now. 5 year warranty on the outboards that just don't fail......I'm never going back. If I could ever afford a big OB cat to keep in Florida, I'd enjoy running around a few days a year but with $1000/month storage down there, $10,000/year insurance.....you are $25k in fixed costs every year before you even talk about going boating.

For my boating fun dollar, can't beat the CC. If money was no object - I want to be the Black Diamond guy when I grow up. He has the dream setup. Jet, Yacht, Sportfish, CC, Cat, OB Cat, Mastercraft.....I'd even drive the MTIs for that gig .
Old 04-10-2020, 08:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I do understand. You boated at a high level. It is worth it to me for that good day on the water with a big cat but my boating will change as I age. Black diamond is everyone's dream.

Old 04-10-2020, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

I am betting that Bajaholic is spot on that similar sized Skaters or MTI's handle the water about the same. The difference, in my opinion, is that a Skater is a Skater. Everything else compares themselves to Skaters. With 1100's and sixes, in either brand, preventative maintenance will be key. Look forward to seeing you on the lake!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.