Notices

LOTO rentals

Old 11-27-2023, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 736 Likes on 397 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I had an offer to rent for a few months at $1500/month (I`m asking $2000)
I`m not sure a multi month renter is worth it .. who knows what the place might look like in a 4 months vs. short term rental and regular cleanings.
More and more long term offseason rentals occurring. We got bumped out of our normal unit at Land's End for Thanksgiving as it got rented long term over the winter. Luckily the gal we've worked with for years has multiple units and was able to get us moved into our second favorite unit. The newest brewery and winery to open down there were both doing strong business on Friday and Saturday.
Old 12-26-2023, 05:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would entrain the idea of a long term till may At a monthly rate
https://www.vrbo.com/3756707?dateless=true
Old 02-08-2024, 01:31 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,740 Likes on 860 Posts

We closed on the second condo at the end of January.
Heading down tomorrow with a truck full of tools and will be gutting it to the drywall.
The following 2 users liked this post by Griff:
Cash Bar (02-08-2024), ICDEDPPL (02-15-2024)
Old 02-16-2024, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 4,163 Likes on 1,187 Posts

Another special assesment coming ... this time not for the roof but insurance.
Last year it was $89k for insurance .
This year $416k

What in the actual F
Old 02-17-2024, 01:47 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

How many units at Emerald Bay?? 89k seems cheap. Ours was around 75k for 230 units, but 90% are only 420sq ft. We had to spend about 30k of rooftop fire block walls and eliminate all gas ands open flame grills to get our ins co to continue coverage. Ins has been out of control and I have seen other info on FB about premiums tripling and getting hit with special assesments
Old 02-17-2024, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 310 Likes on 120 Posts

Insurance rates appear to be doubling/tripling for ALL condos from what I have heard. Worst part is, look at how the deductible works. My understanding is they base it on the whole project not individual buildings, and it is +/- 5% so.... unless you have a catastrophic loss, they will never have to pay out on the insurance policy. Just another way of "Bidens America" hidden in the fine print!
Old 02-19-2024, 05:41 PM
Registered

Griff was right , one special assesment after another sinice I bought this place. I get bent over , no lube.
Old 02-20-2024, 02:00 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Another special assesment coming ... this time not for the roof but insurance.
Last year it was $89k for insurance .
This year $416k

What in the actual F
From what I read on FB, Water's Edge Condos got hit about the same for Insurance.
Griff was right , one special assesment after another sinice I bought this place. I get bent over , no lube.
For your sake, I wish I was wrong.
Old 02-20-2024, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 92 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaholic
One has to look at the HOA annual minutes and accts prior to purchasing. It is call due diligence. There are MANY associations that are ran well, and unfortunately a number that are not.

I would like to see what your friend really had to deal with, my guess being called new was subjective rather than actual. Granted bad lumber will rot faster, If they didn't maintain anything that too will always lead to issues at a faster pace. but it still would take a number of years before it is an issue.

Now all that being said.... There was a complex that had REAL legal issues due to decks being under engineered and it took a number of law suits to get those resolved but EVERYONE knew about it if they did just a single google search.

Again..... Make sure you look at the HOA history (I always recommend at least last 3 years) prior to purchasing, and then once you own there show up for the meetings at the VERY least the annual meeting when all the big items are voted on and there will not be any surprises.
I didn't reply back then as I didn't want to derail the thread...however since Dan is getting bent over with more assessments, I'll clarify. Friend's condo was a brand new never lived in unit. Monarch Cove at the 1mm. Decks needed replaced in several buildings; huge dock repairs and waste treatment plant repair for $24,000 total! I had a condo at the 3mm and really didn't have any problems with assessments myself but will never own a condo again... mainley due to HOA fees and all the drama / politics in condo complexes.
Most of these condos have $400+ HOA/month....I can buy a lot of exterior maintenance for less than $4800/year!
Old 02-26-2024, 11:58 PM
Registered

More fun news.
Guests can`t use the slip, only owners are allowed on the docks.
I have friends that rent in the complex and they say only one or 2 people/year ask about a slip . I thought it would be much higher . Owners at the ledges are always renting slips .. maybe it`s the location.
Hopefully there isnt some Karen around that has nothing better to do but watch who comes and goes because I don`t plan on following that rule. My friends that will use it have boats ..
maybe a house would have been a better choice but at my budget it would be a dump and Ive rehabbed too many , I`m over that, plus doing outside maintenance when I visit is not something I want to do .
My dad had a place up in the UP and he spent most of the weekend working on the place rather than enjoying it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.