Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Motion
Motion Logo EPS file format? >

Motion Logo EPS file format?

Motion Logo EPS file format?

Old 08-15-2010, 08:26 PM
Platinum Member

I have only been able to drive to about 97. The water pressure in the port engine starts to go down at about 80 and I get an overheat warning on the smartcraft. I think the engine is about an inch to high. I need to pull it out the water and check the engine heights before I try and get more speed out of it. What props are you running? I am running 4 blade labbed 14.5 X 32 Merc cleavers, and I was thinking of going to 34's once I have the engine height dialed in. I am expecting to see 103 to 105 in fresh water.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gbernardy View Post
I have only been able to drive to about 97. The water pressure in the port engine starts to go down at about 80 and I get an overheat warning on the smartcraft. I think the engine is about an inch to high. I need to pull it out the water and check the engine heights before I try and get more speed out of it. What props are you running? I am running 4 blade labbed 14.5 X 32 Merc cleavers, and I was thinking of going to 34's once I have the engine height dialed in. I am expecting to see 103 to 105 in fresh water.
Switch to 15" Diameter props. The 14.5" are to small. I have tested many props on the 3 different 30 motions I have owned. Find a set of 15x32 4 blades and you should be good to go.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:58 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Maritime_Eng View Post
Switch to 15" Diameter props. The 14.5" are to small. I have tested many props on the 3 different 30 motions I have owned. Find a set of 15x32 4 blades and you should be good to go.
That is great to hear, I have several extra sets of props from a tough two years of experimenting with my American Offshore. I happen to have a set of 15 X 32P labbed 4 blade Mercury Cleavers. They were a very expensive set of wall ornaments that I can put into active duty. I was thinking they might be a little too big. I have a couple friends that run Spectre's and they swear by the 14.5's. I am planning to work on the engine height issue this weekend, I will swap out the props and let you know how it runs.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:02 AM
Registered

That is great to hear, I have several extra sets of props from a tough two years of experimenting with my American Offshore. I happen to have a set of 15 X 32P labbed 4 blade Mercury Cleavers. They were a very expensive set of wall ornaments that I can put into active duty. I was thinking they might be a little too big. I have a couple friends that run Spectre's and they swear by the 14.5's. I am planning to work on the engine height issue this weekend, I will swap out the props and let you know how it runs.

Are you turning the props in or out? Turn them in and you will be very happy.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:04 AM
Platinum Member

Anybody have any recommendations on engine height? I was told to run them 1.5 inches above the bottom of the boat.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:07 AM
Registered

Anybody have any recommendations on engine height? I was told to run them 1.5 inches above the bottom of the boat.
Just watch your water pressure. Each boat is a little different. Start moving the engines up 1/8" at a time till you see between 12 to 15 psi water pressure on your smart craft gauges at WOT. Also try adding 50 lbs of sand bags (25lbs in each sponson) to the boat, you will be run much harder in rough water without the nose getting too light.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:31 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Maritime_Eng View Post
Just watch your water pressure. Each boat is a little different. Start moving the engines up 1/8" at a time till you see between 12 to 15 psi water pressure on your smart craft gauges at WOT. Also try adding 50 lbs of sand bags (25lbs in each sponson) to the boat, you will be run much harder in rough water without the nose getting too light.
Thanks for the engine height info.

I have to assume they are turning out, I can look at them more closely this weekend.

How much work is it set them up to turn in?
Old 08-16-2010, 09:50 AM
Registered

Thanks for the engine height info.

I have to assume they are turning out, I can look at them more closely this weekend.

How much work is it set them up to turn in?
Switch the lowers from side to side. Then switch your cables at your shifters. Then you are ready to go. It is well worth the effort.