Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > MTI (Marine Technologies)
Info on 40 MTI w/700's >

Info on 40 MTI w/700's

Notices

Info on 40 MTI w/700's

Old 12-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

700 package is low maintenance but if the boat is a 40 or bigger it will take a minute to get through the hop especially in calm water. My 40 hopped up to 95-98 when calm and you almost have to get the boat up to 65-70 with drives tucked and then slowly trim to loosen the boat and increase speed. If you trim too fast the hop will be much worse. Drive the boat yourself just to be sure! My boat had the 850's at first and I have ridden in a 700 boat and there is a big difference. Also to run 110 or so and stay smooth you don't have to run the hell out of the power to stay there... Just a thought!

MTI is the best boats out there so no matter what you will love it and you will be surprised at all the other owners that welcome you to the "family"! Pier 57 is awesome to deal with as well so good luck!!