Notices

Ft Myers Offshore - Mar 5 Fun Run - P H O T O S

Old 03-07-2011, 08:50 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Haley'sComet
Jay,

This is the first time I've complimented you on your photography...

I don't know how you "feel" it is the right time to take a picture, but every one one you take seems to capture the essence of the moment.

My hat is off to you for the awesome photography that you do!!
Thanks much.

It's a bit of luck and a lot of Nikon.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 03-07-2011, 09:13 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Mr and Mrs marginmn.

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 03-07-2011, 09:14 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 03-07-2011, 09:25 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 314joey
Went on FMO to see about getting the wife one, didn't see them, are they not up on the site yet.
We just got them in on Saturday and have not yet added to the website yet but will do so shortly. If you PM me your requirements I can mail out. Available in S, M , L in Black or white. They are $20.00 each plus shipping and I should be able to mail up to 3 pieces for another $ 6.00. Try paying using Pay Pal on our site and just confirm what it is for.
Thanks,
Bob
Old 03-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
We just got them in on Saturday and have not yet added to the website yet but will do so shortly. If you PM me your requirements I can mail out. Available in S, M , L in Black or white. They are $20.00 each plus shipping and I should be able to mail up to 3 pieces for another $ 6.00. Try paying using Pay Pal on our site and just confirm what it is for.
Thanks,
Bob
Bob, I'll give it a shot sometime today, might as well get the wife some FMO stuff we're looking to relo in that area (within a 1-1.5 hour drive from Ft. Meyers airport) in the next 12 months or so, been looking, but we're going to come down for a month or so to check it out in person soon.

Thanks, Jim (aka 314joey)
Old 03-07-2011, 09:40 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by wigginout
Great pics. I hope I don't get bashed and I'm not saying anyone is doing anything wrong, just wondering. I think pic #14 is everyone getting on plane. Is that just the angle or they really that close? Only reason I ask is just about every poker run I've been to after a stop, a lot of boats start to go just as soon as the one in front starts moving. Your bow is in the air and if someone spins a coupler or for any other reason has to slow, welcome to Nascar. I've seen it once, it completely shadowed the day and thank goodness no one was hurt. It was completely an accident, but I felt bad for the people involved. The hittie was shaken and the hitter's day was ruined because he felt awful even though no one was hurt. Anyone know if this happens much?
No need to bash you for asking a fair question. Jay's camera actually makes the boats look a lot closer than they are. One of the great things about FMO is we are local club where everyone has gotten to know each other and members show a lot of consideration for their boating friends when on the water. No intentional crowding, no cutting one another off, we just do not do that to our boating friends. Having said that, there is still some progress I would like to see us make when it comes to safety issues....... but we are working on it. In our 5 year history I can proudly say we have never had an accident of any kind and we will continue to put on safe, family oriented events.
Bob
Old 03-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Registered

what he said....
Old 03-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jayboat
They aren't nearly as close as they look. The phenomenon is known as foreshortening.

Definition: Foreshortening occurs when an object appears compressed when seen from a particular viewpoint, and the effect of perspective causes distortion. Foreshortening is a particularly effective artistic device, used to give the impression of three-dimensional volume and create drama in a picture.
Jay: Do they have a technique for "forelengthening" ?

Just askin' .......
Old 03-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Charter Member #928
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
No need to bash you for asking a fair question. Jay's camera actually makes the boats look a lot closer than they are. One of the great things about FMO is we are local club where everyone has gotten to know each other and members show a lot of consideration for their boating friends when on the water. No intentional crowding, no cutting one another off, we just do not do that to our boating friends. Having said that, there is still some progress I would like to see us make when it comes to safety issues....... but we are working on it. In our 5 year history I can proudly say we have never had an accident of any kind and we will continue to put on safe, family oriented events.
Bob
Thanks. When I saw this accident, it Was in a tight area leading out into big water and there were over 75 boats. It was just one of those bad place, wrong time type things. I know most people who own our type of boats are safe. After looking at the pic again, looks like they were slowing down instead of going anyway. Looks like a great time. Hope to move my boat down to Fl next year, store it some where near Boca.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 342 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by jayboat
Mr and Mrs marginmn.

Tks for the pic Jay, Lorrie loves it. That is one heck of a camera you have as I know that pic was taken from quite a distance while underway. Sorry about those cameras that went swimming recently. I know that you have a lot of money invested in your equipment to such have great pics for all of us.

We had a great time. Tks Bob and everybody for putting this run together. I know a lot of work goes into it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.