Notices

I'm BACK AND CLEANING HOUSE

Old 10-31-2009, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sea strainers

Hi Eric,

Recently I relocated my Scarab with twin 540's to Havasu and I could not help but notice all the sand that gets moved around in the channel. Needless to say I started wondering if my new motors were protected which got me wondering about sea strainers that my boat has never had. What would you recommend? Also; my fuel gauge is stuck (sometimes breaks loose) do you sell the mechanisms that go into the tanks? While I have you one more thing; I am running your crossovers. Should I be running a thermostat? My water temp is 120 to 130; my oil temp runs between cool and 175 at cruising and WOT.

BTW - thank you for all you guys do for the OSO members.

Chuck
Old 11-01-2009, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckcrick
Hi Eric,

Recently I relocated my Scarab with twin 540's to Havasu and I could not help but notice all the sand that gets moved around in the channel. Needless to say I started wondering if my new motors were protected which got me wondering about sea strainers that my boat has never had. What would you recommend? Also; my fuel gauge is stuck (sometimes breaks loose) do you sell the mechanisms that go into the tanks? While I have you one more thing; I am running your crossovers. Should I be running a thermostat? My water temp is 120 to 130; my oil temp runs between cool and 175 at cruising and WOT.

Chuck
you need the electronic fuel sender ...

Also need oil thermostats ...you need 200+ (215) for oil temps ..... crossovers without thermostats is fine if you can maintain the 200* oil temp @ 130 water temps ....if not you need to run a thermostat ....m
Attached Thumbnails I'm BACK AND CLEANING HOUSE-fuel_level_sender_dsc9687.jpg  
Old 11-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckcrick
Hi Eric,

Chuck
Whats up Chuck,

Well its you boaters that keep us in business, so we will do anything to keep you guys happy and keep on boatin!

I always recommend Sea Strainers on every application, no matter what engines you have or what boat you are running. The strainer will pull all the debris out of you system that would potentially hurt your application (you will be amazed what you will find in there). We make many configurations and have fittings that we will form to any application!

Next, like Mike displayed, i recommend the Livorsi Electric Fuel Senders. These guys are cool because for one they dont move (all digital and do not have the float), and 2nd you can adjust the full/empty levels. They hook up the same way as a standard sender, and use the same 5 bolt holes. You might want to pull yours out and make sure that you haven't lost the float, etc.

Oil temperatures are going to be different depending on the engine builder and oil. Our engines run low oil temps along w/ low water temps (should just read on the gauges). We run big oil coolers along w/ no thermostats to keeps our temps down, along w/ running a straight weight viscosity so the oil does not change.

Feel free to give me a call and we can go over strainer configurations, fuel senders, and oil systems! -Eric

TEAGUE CUSTOM MARINE
www.teaguecustommarine.com
Old 11-05-2009, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Parts

I am looking for a good 1 piece rear main fly wheel for BBC/Bravo set up.Also needing a wiring harness for carb
gen v.Thanks,Wes
Old 11-11-2009, 11:48 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by WR-1
I am looking for a good 1 piece rear main fly wheel for BBC/Bravo set up.Also needing a wiring harness for carb
gen v.Thanks,Wes
Whats up Wes,

Check out or "LSC" Billet Fly Wheels. We use them on ever motor we build and re-work. I attached the link from our site where you can see all the different styles.

http://teaguecustommarine.com//store...yword=fly+whee

We also have every wire harness you could imagine in stock, but the one you are going to need is a Merc# 84-806217A10 (Gen V. Carb. complete engine harness). We sell them for $229.82 (Merc retail $306.42).

Give me a call and I will be happy to provide more info and get you what you need. -Eric

TEAGUE CUSTOM MARINE
Old 11-15-2009, 05:23 PM
Registered

Eric - What do you have for power steering pumps and brackets? Didn't see anything on the site. Thanks
Old 11-17-2009, 11:35 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Default powersteering goodness

Originally Posted by yschmidt
Eric - What do you have for power steering pumps and brackets? Didn't see anything on the site. Thanks

We have everything you could imagine for your Power Steering system. From Pumps, reservoirs, overflow tanks, to brackets, braces, extensions, etc… I will throw up our steering add where you can see some of our product. Give me a call for application specifics. -Eric

TEAGUE CUSTOM MARINE
Old 11-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Default TEAGUE Used Platinum "XR" Upper Unit

Hey you guys, we were cleaning off our shelves and we put together a used TEAGUE PLATINUM "XR" UPPER UNIT!

Most parts are used, but in good/prestine condition! Mercury 16/19 "XR" gear set, TCM Drive shaft, Large U-Joints, Drive Shower, New seals, New Bearings.

Drive has been assembled by TCM as used, but in excellent condition! -Eric

$2,500.00

TEAGUE CUSTOM MARINE
Attached Thumbnails I'm BACK AND CLEANING HOUSE-img_3033.jpg   I'm BACK AND CLEANING HOUSE-img_3034.jpg   I'm BACK AND CLEANING HOUSE-img_3035.jpg  

I'm BACK AND CLEANING HOUSE-img_3036.jpg  
Old 11-22-2009, 08:22 PM
Registered

Talking

Originally Posted by teaguecustommarine
Here's one for ya... Get Real Performance Trim Resivore Tanks (tank only)! Will mount up to all 4 bolt trim pumps. Most retail @ $199.99.. I have 3 that i want to see go... 1-blue, 1-black, 1-pewter... Give me a call and well get you worked out.. Ok, i'll even throw in a free turbosonic cap.. -Eric

Lets say $99.97ea?

TEAGUE CUSTOM MARINE
Do you still have any of these Get Real Performance Trim Resivore Tanks ?
Old 11-23-2009, 10:50 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Hey Rockfish71,

We still have them, but they are being held for a customer who wants them and we are working on a large order for... If for some reason he cancels the order, I will re-post and let you guys know.. -Eric

TEAGUE CUSTOM MARINE

Quick Reply: I'm BACK AND CLEANING HOUSE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.