Notices

Hardin-marine Hurricane Headers

Old 01-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Only the Best Will Do!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
Good looking exhausts. Will they bolt directly to the head or do you require a spacer???

Tom

Yes, These headers do direct bolt to the cylinder head. We supply some custom hardware with the systems for this reason. I must admit it's really tight getting those giant tubes on a conventional exhaust pattern but we invested extra time in our design just for this reason and convenience.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default Hurricane headers

I bought two pairs of these. The only problem that I ran into was that you can not use Merc power steering&alternator bracket. The workmanship seems good. You can move the power steering pump to the starboard if you have room. If not custom bracket with new pump without reservoir. David
Old 01-28-2008, 11:52 AM
Only the Best Will Do!

Originally Posted by fourplaydave69
I bought two pairs of these. The only problem that I ran into was that you can not use Merc power steering&alternator bracket. The workmanship seems good. You can move the power steering pump to the starboard if you have room. If not custom bracket with new pump without reservoir. David
This is correct due to the nature of the sweeping design so that they can be the narrowest big tube headers available. In the instance of interference with Mercury "Bravo" saginaw equipped power steering applications, multiple pump and bracket options are available. The big tube headers are traditionally found on non-bravo applications which do not have interference. Header measurements and specifications can easily be found on our website.