Notices

43' Vee called "Whirlwind"

Old 05-06-2005, 09:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: 43' Vee called "Whirlwind"

Originally Posted by lonestar382
Great, Thanks for the help. Anyone have any tips on the added maintenance of the #6 drives? Just trying to see if a bigger power #6 boat fits into my budget.
Jassman, how long is your total length of your rig sitting on a trailer? I am in the process of building a shop for my boat behind my house, and I want to see what will fit. 30'X50'

Thanks
Corey
Hey Corey, My garage was designed around the 4300, it is 12 x 50'6", with a 10 x 10 door. I have approx 1' off the trailer guard and 1' in front of the garage door. With a 30x50 I could squeeze 3 of them in there Jeff
Old 05-07-2005, 01:19 AM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
That particular boat ran 96 per Dave Burges on a cool lake Michigan day. Terrys boat with Nortech 900-930hp ran 101.2.

Nortech is working with me on a lighter version, about 1000 pounds less weight, but still using the old school methods, which is what I want. Tighter schedule, more kevelar. With my TMP 900's and a generator with the toys, Im hoping for 103-105. Im really excited. Jeff
Didn't Terry get a new 43' with Nortech 1200's? What does he get for speed out of that? Also why doesn't Nortech stagger them or put drop boxes in them to move the drives closer together? I guess any way you cut it, Nortech's are still one of the baddest and best looking vee's out there.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by saxman
Didn't Terry get a new 43' with Nortech 1200's? What does he get for speed out of that? Also why doesn't Nortech stagger them or put drop boxes in them to move the drives closer together? I guess any way you cut it, Nortech's are still one of the baddest and best looking vee's out there.
Terrys 05 4300 has Nortech 1150's. It would be nice if he could post some pics Have no clue what he gets for speed, I was refering to his 04 4300.

My 4300 will have a staggered set up. I was torn between going with triple 650's, for balance, and planning speed but...then the problem is drives, and I didnt want bravos on that size of boat, I really wanted to try Arnesons ASD-6's, but was afraid of resale and possible docking situations, but thought of them to be a superior drive. I believe this set up will be easier on maintenance, balance, will get me up on plane quicker do to the props being closer. Balance and set up is very important on this boat, best boat I have ever owned. Jeff
Old 05-08-2005, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a good friend of Dave Burgess. He and I own a boat house together in Port Huron Mi. I have been on this boat many times. When Dave owned the boat it was in awesome condition. It couldn't have been maintained or cared for any better. The KE 825's are great motors. Dave was very happy with them. I personally saw 95 mph on the GPS. If you are serious about this boat a word of caution. Dave sold this boat last October to someone in North Carolina. The boat is currently in Grand Rapids Michigan at Mitcher T's (the painter) getting one of the sides repainted. I talked to Dave and he wasn't positive but he had heard that one of the sides of the boat had been damaged. I would call Mitcher T to see what he is doing to the boat. If nothing major the price on this boat is right. I don't know the condition now but it was a super nice boat when Dave owned it.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:51 AM
Registered

Thanks for the word of caution. I'll check into the current status for sure. Jassman, good to know I can fit 3 of them in the shop
I'll stick to maybe one for now

Anyone else got any ideas on the #6 drive maintenance?

Thanks Again!
Corey
Old 05-08-2005, 07:05 PM
Registered

I have the boat at my place right now. It just has some minor dock damage on the port side that the dealer (Shoreline Marine) wanted to make sure it got fixed correctly. He brought it here personally from Virginia Beach as it is on its way to Chicago to show to a potential buyer. The boat looks great, and my team is going to go thru it and refresh it by repolishing it and checking the finish over. I haven't gotten a chance to look really close yet, but so far I would say it has been very well taken care of.

One of my favorite boats. I have also ridden in it 2 years ago in Smoke on the Water. I saw 92 out of her, and she wasn't breathing hard. Beautiful!
Old 05-09-2005, 08:17 AM
Registered

Good to know, I hope the Chicago guy doesn't like it

Corey
Old 05-15-2005, 08:25 PM
Registered

Hello Cory, i helped the owner locate the the boat. this boat has been fresh water kept during from spring to fal @ Smith Mountain Lake Va. I have all the service records and know the owner personaly. During the winter Whirlwind was kept indoors @ Dollar Offshore in Lauderdale and has been in perfect condition. Unfortunatly after the boat was returned to the owner on SML we had some hard winds that caused the owner to HAVE SOME SLIGHT PAINT DAMAGE. To keep the boat as clean and perfect as Dave had it we decided to bring it to Mitcher for touch up. The boat is to be done on Thursday and we are bringing it back to SML unless it is sold there. My Chicago buyer has not stepped up yet and this boat shouldn't last at this price. Please feel free to call me with any questions. I have seen 97 gps. the boost is only 5 psi and there is pleanty of life left before freshing. I may be traveling so feel free to call me on my cell 540-797-8276 or the marina 540-721-3664
Old 06-30-2005, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

everyone BACKOFF... this badboy is mine

hopefully my boat will be sold in the next week or 2
Old 06-30-2005, 09:42 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Nice!!!!
Thats a good step up from the 35 cig.

Quick Reply: 43' Vee called "Whirlwind"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.