Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Nor-Tech
36 Opinions Needed >

36 Opinions Needed

Notices

36 Opinions Needed

Old 01-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys, that's the type of feedback I was looking for.

As I mentioned the Eliminator has some deck offerings that could be critical to my decision and I have already spoken to the guy's out west. I still need to have some conversation with the guys form Nortech and will certainly do so before making any type of decision. I have been up close and personal with the 36 Nortech but will need additional seat time in both to make an educated decision.

That Yellow 36, although appears to be a good deal isn't doing it for me. I assume it looks better in person then in the pics. The Two Face and Gunslinger are boats that really draw my attention, and are both back on the market.. hummm

Mike, did your friend buy that 36 Coupe in KY? I was inquiring about that boat and im sure he got a hellova deal on it. It will be nice to see some one on one comparisons this summer when the two of you get together. In fact maybe I need to make a trip.

I'm in no real hurry and will analyzes both boats to death before making a decision, so any other comments or insights are welcome.

Thanks,

Jack
Old 01-05-2009, 01:35 PM
MJT
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Boostable

Mike, did your friend buy that 36 Coupe in KY? I was inquiring about that boat and im sure he got a hellova deal on it. It will be nice to see some one on one comparisons this summer when the two of you get together. In fact maybe I need to make a trip.

Thanks,

Jack
Jack,

He did buy the boat that Hilltop Marine in KY was advertising and it looks to be a great boat at should run out pretty good when he gets power in it. I'm looking forward to the one on one comparison myself. Either boat you choose to buy will be an awesome addition for anyone. If you find yourself in the bluegrass state give me a shout and will try out both boats if you haven’t purchased one by the boating season.

Mike
Old 01-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

As I mentioned the Eliminator has some deck offerings that could be critical to my decision and I have already spoken to the guy's out west. I still need to have some conversation with the guys form Nortech and will certainly do so before making any type of decision. I have been up close and personal with the 36 Nortech but will need additional seat time in both to make an educated decision.

That Yellow 36, although appears to be a good deal isn't doing it for me. I assume it looks better in person then in the pics. The Two Face and Gunslinger are boats that really draw my attention, and are both back on the market.. hummm

I'm in no real hurry and will analyzes both boats to death before making a decision, so any other comments or insights are welcome.

Thanks,

Jack

It sounds like what you are liking is the paint job....keep in mind for 10-15k you could easily modify a paint job and or get a complete simple paint job for 25-30k on those Nor-Techs. Nor-Tech does have an in house painter..Paul...check the yellow boat out, get a survey, it's priced right, and knowing the yellow doesn't turn you're crank, it can always be altered in someway down the road. Good Luck Jeff
Old 01-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Registered

Jeff,

Very good point, but its not just the paint, that boat would require some rework, as I require a six person seating arrangement. Certianly not knocking that boat, that is a hellova deal for sure and I believe that is right around the power needed to get me where I want to be, just won't fit my needs but someone is gonna get a steal.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Jeff,

Very good point, but its not just the paint, that boat would require some rework, as I require a six person seating arrangement. Certianly not knocking that boat, that is a hellova deal for sure and I believe that is right around the power needed to get me where I want to be, just won't fit my needs but someone is gonna get a steal.
You don't need more seats.........you need less kids!
Old 01-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Registered

HAHA.. I'm surprised it took you this long to comment, you must be loosing a step!
Old 01-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked at a 36 daytona before getting my NT. The NT is much more boat.
I liked the high back bolster seats in ther NT. The seats in the NT keep you in place, which is needed if your ever going to run in anything other then flat conditions. Also, with the 6 seat arrangement in the NT, you don thave the rear bolsters. The seats are tight, and took a little while to get used to, especially since coming from a stand up V, but are great while running. When not running, i put a couple throw cusions on the seat or sit on the arm rest to get above the windsheild to get the breeze.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't buy a Eliminator it's that simple.

I had a 36 NT

Last edited by WeaponX; 01-07-2009 at 12:18 PM. Reason: For Terry
Old 01-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Registered

Default 36 Opinion

Boostable,

Thanks for mentioning your likes for the looks of Gunslinger! Gunslinger is for sale and is the best maintained 36 Supercat Nor-tech has ever built! Just ask Keith Cothran the service manager at Nor-tech or Trond. After each Poker run, this boat goes back to Nor-tech for oil change and any misc. repair or paint touch -up! The boat has it's own unique personality and is definitely an unbelievable piece of equipment. I can arrange a ride on that boat for you if you want to go to Ft. Myers or we can arrange one for the Miami Boat Show time frame! Just let me know by giving me a call @903-235-2250 or e-mail @ [email protected]

Larry
Old 02-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Fastboats Marine Group
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 36 Nor-tech Ride

You cant beat the ride of the 36 Nor-tech..Big boat with a solid bottom..no coring!! Rides great and runs great as long as you put some good horsepower in them..Dont under power the boat..at least merc 700's

Quick Reply: 36 Opinions Needed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.