3600 Supercat hop ?

Notices

3600 Supercat hop ?

Old 02-16-2011, 03:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
Did you use the Bravo to Arneson upgrade kit and if so, how did it go on? Any fiberglass work needed? How do you like the surface drives?
For mine we used the ASD-7M Kit which is able to handle the increased HP of my new motors and not have to worry about them breaking...

My 3600 is one of the few that have a notch at the bottom and a filler piece and some fiberglass work was needed so the "X" Dimension was in the right spot.

Other than that there is some transom work to fit up the new standoff boxes since they are quite a bit larger than the XR/ITS system that was originally on the boat... If the boat doesn't have a notch it's a pretty straight forward conversion at roughly 1/2 the cost of a single #6 drive and transmission...

I really like the surface drives and Rik Wimp is always available to answer questions, provide information to do the upgrade. I've run them for a couple of seasons now down at LOTO and haven't had a lick of problems...

Jim
Attached Thumbnails 3600 Supercat hop ?-img00061.jpg   3600 Supercat hop ?-imag0011.jpg   3600 Supercat hop ?-notch-filler.jpg  

Old 02-16-2011, 09:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They sure look good. Does the boat handle the same at high speeds and how difficult is the boat to get to plane? I have heard you have to rev fairly high to plane out. Do you feel they added any top end or only reliability? Thanks for all your input, Dan
Old 02-16-2011, 10:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ElimiNordic
They sure look good. Does the boat handle the same at high speeds and how difficult is the boat to get to plane? I have heard you have to rev fairly high to plane out. Do you feel they added any top end or only reliability? Thanks for all your input, Dan
Thanks,

It gets onto plane about the same as it did with the XR's it's just you use different trim and tab settings...It's something I had to play with it for a while to get it right... It feels like it's improved the mid-range and top end but to be honest I haven't run it nearly as hard as some guy's do...

I actually think the Arneson's are easier to maneuver around the docks and when parking, some of it probably has to do with them being further behind the boat than before...

I just re-powered it last spring with a pair of Eddie Young 925EFI's which dynoed at around 1025 and wanted to use last year to get used to them. They pull so hard compared to my old motors it really get's your attention... Hopefully this season I'll be able to run them up a bit, I know I'm probably a little under propped but for me it works pretty well...

Jim
Old 02-17-2011, 12:44 PM
Registered

I have wanted a cat for many years but felt I needed to graduate to that speed zone . I have been window shopping again but can't get the Beyond the B.... thing out of my head ..As I have never ridden in a cat I have no clue what to expect . My question :

What size waves or chop can these boats handle ? We have some very large cruisers plowing down the river throwing serious rollers .. Im scared Chit less of not spotting one of these rollers .. wether head on or quartering ..In my v I either hammer it and fly or back off and conservatively cross ..Will the cat handle a steady four foot chop ?
Old 02-17-2011, 03:39 PM
Registered

Big Cats say over 40 can run fast in pretty much any water that a big V can from what I have seen. And softer as long as you dont stuff just one side.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Registered

I was driven my 36 cat for 3-4 years in Norway and been in some terrible seas with BIG waves, and the boat handles great. I guess you will give up before the boat does...
Old 02-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Registered

is stuffing one sponson a freak accident or is this a common occurence ? I gotta convince the bride ( and myself )it safe ..
Old 02-17-2011, 10:06 PM
Registered

Angry

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
You dont want bravos on a 3600 Supercat... Just go with reliable 700s/nxts if you dont want problems..... As far as the "hop" goes,, ive noticed it before,, and im sure its an issue with others,,, but it just comes down to what you like... Your either a Nortech guy,, or you'll look at the other cats out there.... Nortech always "blingy" if your into that...

Good luck..!!!
How have you noticed it before? You DONT even own a boat! I read your post way back when you answered someone that you live in CA and your PARENTS own a boat! Everyone is getting sick of you! Have you not even seen the thread called "PECKER RUN 388"? That's you everyone is mocking. It's not for any other reason than how you act and the BS you come up with. Stop the SH*T. Look at how many responses on your mock thread. That's how many pissed off members you have on here. People come on here to ask real questions and get real answers before spending their hard earned money and then you answer it. Grow Up Bro! You said you are on here to learn, so learn. Listen and stop talking!
Old 02-17-2011, 10:30 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cavanti53
How have you noticed it before? You DONT even own a boat! I read your post way back when you answered someone that you live in CA and your PARENTS own a boat! Everyone is getting sick of you! Have you not even seen the thread called "PECKER RUN 388"? That's you everyone is mocking. It's not for any other reason than how you act and the BS you come up with. Stop the SH*T. Look at how many responses on your mock thread. That's how many pissed off members you have on here. People come on here to ask real questions and get real answers before spending their hard earned money and then you answer it. Grow Up Bro! You said you are on here to learn, so learn. Listen and stop talking!
Old 02-18-2011, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by whataride
I have wanted a cat for many years but felt I needed to graduate to that speed zone . I have been window shopping again but can't get the Beyond the B.... thing out of my head ..As I have never ridden in a cat I have no clue what to expect . My question :

What size waves or chop can these boats handle ? We have some very large cruisers plowing down the river throwing serious rollers .. Im scared Chit less of not spotting one of these rollers .. wether head on or quartering ..In my v I either hammer it and fly or back off and conservatively cross ..Will the cat handle a steady four foot chop ?
i had the same concerns myself. i am in the 1000 islands too. send me a PM and we can chat more about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.