39v nortech for 49k... >

39v nortech for 49k...

Notices

39v nortech for 49k...

Old 07-25-2011, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 39v nortech for 49k...

39v nortech for 49k..does anyone know the history of the boat??
Old 07-25-2011, 08:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 371 Likes on 250 Posts

it's been for sale here and there in the last 2 years on internet. no known bad history I read about, sure is a good deal if the boat checks out! I'd go for it if it was a cabin set up...
Old 07-25-2011, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

this one?

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o40970-en.html
Old 07-25-2011, 09:03 PM
Registered

my last two boats have been cats so no problem having no cabin....the motors seem a little small but that is alot of boat for the asking price....i like the six pack set up....that would be a fun boat with some horsepower....
Old 07-25-2011, 09:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MrSneakAttack
my last two boats have been cats so no problem having no cabin....the motors seem a little small but that is alot of boat for the asking price....i like the six pack set up....that would be a fun boat with some horsepower....
yes...
Old 07-26-2011, 05:54 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's my boat. I have had it for about a year this month. I spent most of last year and this year and a lot of extra cash restoring the boat. I bought it from a guy in Cali. He had owned it for the previous 3 years. It was a lift kept boat that was used about half a dozen times the first year he had it. He overheated and blew an engine after which he left it on the left till the lease went up on the sliip. It then sat on the trailer for about 2 years at which point he put it on ebay and I bought it. I flew out and looked at the boat. Then had it shipped home. I gutter the inside, bilge, guages, Interior etc.

The old engines were pro charged 500EFI's. Boat reportedly ran 113. Boat originally left the factory with stock 500EFI's. I have talked to the owner of the boat who painted and raced this boat before it was sold to the previous owner. I have also taked to the guy who used to race the boat, who still works for Nortech. I met him in KW last year.

I had these engines in my shop when I aquired the boat. These were new engines that I had built for a project about 5 years ago for a different project that was never finished. I had intentions of building a nice set of 700HP+- blower engines for this boat. The downturn in the economy got in the way of that. I had these engines torn down and upgraded. They made 580lbs of torque, and 530 HP. Slightly bigger than the original engines that came in it. It is a fun boat, and yes can handle plenty more power if you want.

It uses a max of 30GPH per engine according to the dyno at WOT, so it is a great poker run boat for fuel economy. Since we built and finished it over the winter, it has been out about 12 times. Little things have been shaken out here and there. It is at the best marine facility in our area right now getting a final check up and service. A few other things are being done to it. Engine hatch pad is being changed to a nicer design. Having custom marine carpeting installed. All new rocker switches for trim and tabs. New trim indicator cable is being installed. impellors, oil change, filters, check all bolts, service drives etc.

Should be a turn key boat when I get back home this weekend to run it. With the large sum of money that I am spending on it this weekend, the price is going up to match the amount from the past couple weeks, but it is still a sweet deal.

You guys should have bought it before I spent more money on it.

will a new set of props, estimates are are between 82-85.

This is great speed for a boat with this size engines IMO. Insurance is very affordable.

I am paying under 2K a year for a 60K policy.

It's a great boat. Call me if you want it. I doubt it waill last long once the new pics go up in the ad.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:07 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I will sell it without power if you are worried about engines. There are some killer deals on big power out there right now. I need to come up with a price on that though.

I would rather sell it turn key though. Getting out of performace boats for a while.

I am looking for my restoration thread on this boat.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:14 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE1r4...eature=related
Old 07-26-2011, 06:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 371 Likes on 250 Posts

nice boat!
Old 07-26-2011, 06:35 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/n...-380le-11.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.