Ballast Tanks 36' Cat

Notices

Ballast Tanks 36' Cat

Old 05-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ballast Tanks 36' Cat

We have a 36' here, that has the ballast tank installed. The new owner is asking me about hooking it up for use. He will be running mostly in the Atlantic and Gulf Coast, of Florida. Are any of you owners using the ballast tank and are you finding it helpful in balancing the boat in rough seas?
Old 05-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Registered

Absolutely Mark and thats what there in there for,being a racer you should familiar with ballast
Old 05-08-2013, 02:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by PRIMECUT
Absolutely Mark and thats what there in there for,being a racer you should familiar with ballast
Thanks, and I agree. I needed one of you Nortech, owners tell me it was worth the effort to connect. This new owner is from Lake Havasu, and has never operated a boat in our Atlantic waters. I was worried about him getting into trouble using it improperly. I know he said; he was getting back up with Tres
Martin, again for operating the Nortech. He just sold a DCB cat, that he had already taken a instructional class with Tres.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:50 PM
Registered

Im just curious what a ballast tank will help with? My boat is not flighty at all and has somewhat of a heavy tank like feel to it. What are the pros and cons of the ballast tank? Thanks!
Old 05-08-2013, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bobsbillets
Im just curious what a ballast tank will help with? My boat is not flighty at all and has somewhat of a heavy tank like feel to it. What are the pros and cons of the ballast tank? Thanks!
Makes a hell of a wake for the wake boarders...lol
Old 05-09-2013, 08:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by bobsbillets
I am by no means a expert cat pilot. I see the ballast tank, as a benefit, running in the ocean, heading into the wind and swells. This will keep the boat from being flighty, running neutral or some positive trim without scrubbing speed by using tabs.
If you have to much forward center of gravity, I believe; you can get into trouble very fast, by stuffing the bow. Either running a cat or vee bottom.
Someone going from running on lakes, to the open ocean, is the difference between night and day.
I have forwarded this information to my customer, my concern is his or any passengers, being safe.
I know he is going to make arrangements with Tres, again for running in the Atlantic.