Winter projects

Notices

Winter projects

Old 12-19-2005, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Winter projects

Hi Guys:
I should be done with most of this stuff, but popping my drive and replacing it moved a few other projects to the back burner.
I just got my 30" B1 back from Throtlle Up and it looks fantastic, as does everything I've had them do for me. Looking foward to testing this one next spring with and without the 1" spacer we recently installed. I'll let you know how it goes, and vs the 5 blade.
I removed the Bennett tabs. I had a local fiberglass shop fill all 38 transom holes and regelcoat the transom. Turned out great. After several phone calls to Eddie Marine, I finally got all the parts to begin installation of the new billet tabs. Like everything we do on these boats, it's always more work than anticipated. Because of the already tight transom, I went with a single ram (at least it's metal) system. I also moved the tabs out 1' towards the chine as you can see in the pics below. I ran into a problem clearing the swim platform supports at the side of the transom, and had to machine the transom hinge plates to clear them.
Since I went through the powdercoating when I reworked them, they are off to a local powdercoat shop to have them recoated black. I'll post more pics when when I'm done.
Best Regards and Happy Holidays to All,
Steve
Attached Thumbnails Winter projects-tab-removal.jpg   Winter projects-new-tabs-002.jpg   Winter projects-new-tabs-001.jpg  

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 12-19-2005 at 11:18 PM.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Winter projects

Looks good, let us know how it works out. I have been to busy snowmobiling to even think about my boat. OPPS I lied I guess I am on here.

Happy Holidays
Old 12-26-2005, 03:14 PM
Registered

Guys:
The powdercoating looks great, and the transom installation is done. The pump is mounted. Just finished/adapted the Bennett wiring harness to the Trimmaster wiring. Found out the color codes are completely different.
I'll order my new trim indicaters from Fred/Trick Marine. I'm leaning towards a larger version of the one slot Gaffrig/Livorsi on the dash now, a "thin" 3 slot version. One of my friends says go with the Stainless Marine "pecker" style.
What do you guys think?
check them out at www.trickmarine.net Mech. Trim Indicator
Regards,
Steve
PS these pictures suck, better ones soon.............
Attached Thumbnails Winter projects-tabs-install-001.jpg   Winter projects-tabs-install-002.jpg   Winter projects-tabs-install-004.jpg  

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 12-27-2005 at 03:17 PM.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Steve, after meeting you at the Lake Cumberland Poker Run, thought your winter project would be buying my 35 or ordering a new one?

Just kidding!

Have two new 28's and a 25' coming in next month, taking them to the Louisville show. Hope to see ya there.

Happy New Year!

Nordic Gary
Old 12-27-2005, 01:56 PM
Registered

Go with the heads up indicators.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nordic Gary
Steve, after meeting you at the Lake Cumberland Poker Run, thought your winter project would be buying my 35 or ordering a new one?

Just kidding!

Have two new 28's and a 25' coming in next month, taking them to the Louisville show. Hope to see ya there.

Happy New Year!

Nordic Gary
Gary,
I really like your boat, so ya' never know..........of course I really like my Heat too !
What date is the Louisville Show? I'm sure we'll get some of our club (MCPA) members together for a road trip.
See you there.
Happy New Year!
Steve
Old 12-27-2005, 03:13 PM
Registered

Except for the indicators, which I'm ordering from Fred this afternoon, I'm done.
I'm really pleased with how this turned out. Compare the old Bennett tabs, and their positioning on the transom, with the billet Eddie's. This doesn't guarantee that the boat will be any faster, or handle better, but it couldn't hurt, and I think it looks a lot better.
Regards,
Steve
PS Check out the extra rear air intake in the center of the sunlounge. I made it the same size as the 2 corner factory intakes for continuity. I added that last winter when I rebuilt the rear hatch to clear the intercooler. It is a "dedicated" intake to feed the throttle bodies. Since it opens to the rear, I don't get water in the motor when I get caught in the rain. I now have a total of 5 to feed the motor some fresh air.
Attached Thumbnails Winter projects-spacer.jpg   Winter projects-tabs-install-003.jpg   Winter projects-tabs-install-005.jpg  

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 01-03-2006 at 08:55 AM.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:09 PM
Registered

Guys,
Just got off the horn with Fred. What a great, honest parts guy to deal with. We had the Stainless Marine conversation, and even at Fred's good pricing, we both agree that their system is just too expensive vs the competition.
I was able to order a 3 slot (tab/drive/tab) Livorsi Gauge, 2 Morse cables, 2 through hull fittings, actuators, and freight, for less than 1/2 the price of the Stainless Marine heads up indicator(s) ONLY.
Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 12-27-2005 at 04:11 PM.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:18 PM
Registered

Looks great, I agree from the pics the end product looks great!!! By the way I wish the business end of my heat looked like that.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Looks great, I agree from the pics the end product looks great!!! By the way I wish the business end of my heat looked like that.
Thanks Magic. I'm still waiting on the Livorsi gauge (HELLO LIVORSI ). All done with the tabs and indicators otherwise.
I installed one of the Tempo vent line anti-overflow valves to prevent gas from running out of the vent and all over the hullsides when the tank is full.
I was able to get to the vent line on the starboard side through the dash access and fuse access panels. The port side looks like it's going to require pulling the side uphoulstery panel to install that valve. I've done it before and it's no day at the beach , so I think I'll see how effective the one
on the starboard side is.
I'll get some pics next time I'm under the dash.
Who's going to the Louisville show? I'll be there on Saturday 1-28.
Hope to see some of you guys at the show !
Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 01-22-2006 at 07:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Winter projects

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.